Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firewalls which one ?

• 11-01-2004 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi

I am using zone alarm at the moment. I also have a copy of norton internet security and freedom firewall i got free with a netgear router.

which one is the best ?

Ric

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.kerio.com/ - simple as that, get the manual too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

kerio is top notch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Either of the two you already have are fine, personally I use ZoneAlarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

is Kerio payware?

I downloaded it about a month ago assuming it was free, but yesterday was told my 30 day trial was up?

I'm guessing its not free?

Thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

thats a common misconception. Kerio still works perfectly after the trial period. The only thing that is disabled is web filtering. And for most of us, we dont need our firewall to do that.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    thats a common misconception. Kerio still works perfectly after the trial period. The only thing that is disabled is web filtering. And for most of us, we dont need our firewall to do that.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

This is true, if you double click on the little shield icon in the tray and then click on the web tab on the left of the display it'll tell you to pay up ... i dont think any other tab is affected....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

cheers 4 clearing that up for me,

just noticed it myself now too

Thanks

Advertisement