Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

page's sticking

Options
  • 11-01-2004 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

happening a lot lately, my web browser insists on showing me the bottom of the page i can scroll up with the mouse or arrows but once i let go of the button it scrolls down to the bottom of the page again, noticed this using 3 different pc's and only happens on boards

ps pressing tab a few time clears it up

using win2000 ie 6.0
    win95 ie 5.0
    xp ie 6.0
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

happened to me the other day too.

xp pro + SP1
    ie 6

only on the "Who's Online" page tho...everything else was ok.

I'd go to scroll up but then I stopped, it would go straight to the bottom of the page.

been fine since tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

it is happening to me a lot today, i am supprised there is no one else in here complaining about it

ps Kaimera did you get that name from mission impossibal 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This is normal as far as I can see...

When you click on a link to a thread on the boards home page it takes you to the LAST post in that thread, therefore the bottom of a page. You're probably scrolling up while the page is still loading, so the browser jumps back to where it's "supposed" to be (according to the "#" tag in the URL) when it's finished downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

This just happened to me now. And it's actually nothing to do with clicking on a thread. I was on this page - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?s= and I was at the bottom of the page having scrolled down. Whenever I went to scroll back up, as soon as I moved the cursor off the side scroll, it'd just jump back to the bottom of the page. Pressing refresh cleared it up, but it's still kinda weird.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yeah, I get the same prob quite a lot too.

Win XP SP1
    IE 6

• Advertisement
Advertisement