Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MZ Motorcycles

Options
  • 11-01-2004 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Someone recommended that I have a look at at a German manufacturer - MZ Motorcycles - for a new 125. Apparently the bikes are very good, from a reliability and price POV. Only problem is that I can't find any kind of web prescence for the company nor and Irish shops who stock them.
    Example of a bike - http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=20552

Anyone heard of any Irish shops who stock these, or who import uncommon manufacturers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

Turn the clock back 30 years and I can tell you that back then MZ were based in East Germany. Their 125 was a single cylinder 2 stroke. It was a good strong 125 and cheeeep ;) .

IIRC the competitor was CZ ( a Chez co ) which made a very similar bike but a little cheeeeeper. Both were tuneable and did OK in motorcross against the likes of Bultaco ( are they still around ?)

As to what they do now - I havnt a clue. Sorry !

An T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Check out:

www.muz.de for the dealers site, the german language version has (had) more info.

Also there is a shop in Dunlaoghire that stocks MZ machines. Their Black Panther supermoto caught my eye, resale would be a problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oh excellent Haket cheers. You don't happen to know the name of the shop? :)

Ammm let me see

<fires up google>

NMC Motorcycles Distrubution
    26 Patrick Street
    Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin
    phone: 01 280 5715
    fax: 01 280 0294

I'm sure they had a website too , let me see. . . . . . badabing.

http://www.nmcbikes.com/

Ah brilliant, star. (Was going on my lunch, would have checked Golden pages when I came back - I'm not a completely lazy bastard :))

• Advertisement

Seamus,

If you are going to have a gander tell us what you find, do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

I had MZ 250cc (two stroke) long time ago and was fine bike. Maybe cheap but it worked very well, easy to maintain. New bikes are different as most of the models have rotax engine which should last for a while, better buy then all this korean non name bikes

MZ supermoto would be fun.

Originally posted by an_taoiseach
    Seamus,

If you are going to have a gander tell us what you find, do!
    I think I may just pop down to them. See if they deal in second hand MZs :)

The Black Panther SM has a fantastic spec, I've been waiting for one to come up in Biketrader.co.uk for a while but no bargains as yet.

They share the same lump as the Yamaha XT600 and build quality is supposed to be Honda-esque (doubt it though). The bike show in the RDS last year had an NMC stand, perhaps they'll be there at the end of Feb too ?.

:D
    :dunno:
    best keep an eye out for a CZ too ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement