Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bic Runga at the Village

Options
  • 11-01-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Thaught i should let you know she plays the village on the 6th of March

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

This Kiwi is pretty good actually! And not a bad looker. I saw here over here in NZ and I enjoyed the gig, she is sort of a laid back happy, singer songwriter. Not so rocky but beautiful melodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Bic is cool, I love her chilled out sound.

Saturdays gig was dire though, the sound was crappy! I was quite disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

like listening to a transistor radio.you could hardly ever hear he speak.

what a farce.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Originally posted by Kone

Saturdays gig was dire though, the sound was crappy! I was quite disappointed!

Yeah - very dissapointing, after waiting five years for her to hit Ireland (Whelans gig was sold out by the time I heard about it), I was pretty down. I couldn't hear a word she said in between songs, the mixing just didn't work, and the band seemed quite rough/unrehearsed. Was it another case of "let's use the thick Paddies as guinea pigs before we take the tour to the UK?"

And is it just me, or can you get your head around why people (generally gurls, it has to be said) would pay 20 quid for a ticket to a gig and then spend the entire evening squawking to their gurlfriends, ensuring that anyone within 20 feet of them has no hope of concentrating on the music. Message to those gurls who were beside me: I'm sorry I used the 'f' word, but I'm not sorry for asking you to shut up.

Advertisement