Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Components

• 11-01-2004 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells printer components? In particular, I'm looking for a PSU for a Lexmark X75.

Got with a DELL I got a while ago, but the scanner was busted (it's an All-In-One model), so the replacement DELL sent me was just bare-bones i.e. no USB cable, no PSU.

They never took away the old printer, and it works perfectly except for the scanner. USB cables are easy to come by obviously, but the power supply unit is a different story. It's basically a black box (about the size of a walkman) that slots into the back of the printer, and then one of those plugs with just a two prong, figure-8 style jack on the end.

Help! I could really do with this printer! :)

-S

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On the box it should list inputs and outputs.
    eg: 15V 1A
    Also what type of connector does it have going into the printer - is there a pin in the center ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks for the speedy reply, Capt'n Midnight!

On the other end of that cable on the right is just a regular plug. As you can see, the PSU part has two contacts on it. That slides into the back, left-handside of the printer. I'd imagine the same is used for a selection of Lexmark printers.

Don't have the box for the printer anymore, but the PSU is 30V and 0.83A. Unfortunately, it's that that's the trouble. If it was just a norm ~3.5mm jack, I could get a multi-voltage adaptor from Maplins or somewhere...

-S

Advertisement