Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards WATERFORD Beer (not south east)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i like Geoffs

but as yet dont know if i could attend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Any pub, any date, any time. Don't matter to me tbh, I have no real preferance as I have no commitments to be up early (or at all) the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Bakers steet, any time, either fri or sat, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    Any pub, any date, any time. Don't matter to me tbh, I have no real preferance as I have no commitments to be up early (or at all) the day after.
    lol :D

omg
    baz
    go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by eoinm1

Baker street - nice pub.

Thats just down the road froom me, but IM underage so you'd have to slip me beers all night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

OK

So lets make it Baker Street on Friday 30th.

Is that good with everyone?

Eóin

Fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

waterford smells of pee.

(plus i'm going to someone's 21st on said date)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

wouhou ya a waterford boards beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay try an get to that

So is everybody ready for this Boards Beer on Friday the 30th of Jan in Baker St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

No i'm not ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

nnnnnooooooo

i'll be in freakin dublin that weekend..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Friday is good for me. The Flytrap is on later that evening too. w00t, happy days!

So, Baker St then, at around 7pm. I strongly recommend that someone (a mod) change the title of the thread or the first post to reflect this.

Hi Lads

I won't be able to make it untill 10pm as i have to work.

(I could not get some time off)

So I see you all at 10pm

Eóin

Good night - nice to meet ye all.

I think the highlight of the evening was watching Brendan get quickly and inexorably drunker once he got those mixed 'cocktails'. I wouldn't be surprised if the barman threw in some paint thinner into the last one.

sheep, I demand* those pics be uploaded asap.

*Ask nicely

Hi Lads

Well the aftermath of the Waterford boards beer.

6 people showed up.
    And a good night of drinking was had by all.
    Sheep had his DigiCam. (Which I would like to break. I hate photos of me)

We started out in Baker St. then we went to Flashes at 12:25.
    We were just in time to get the last pint there and then drag TSOB home.

I hope TSOB gets well soon.

Good luck
    Eóin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by swiss
    Good night - nice to meet ye all.

I think the highlight of the evening was watching Brendan get quickly and inexorably drunker once he got those mixed 'cocktails'

Yes, deadly funny!!
    funnily enough he ended up in Accident & Emergency room and he's still there
    so although I wasn't there I'd imagine it was very funny when he got alcahol poisioning...

:dunno:

*Edit* I'm just annoyed when people talk about people being drunk (****faced)+funny, maybe cause my family owned a pub and I saw the affects of alcahol on people when growing up, not trying to flame you swiss and not trying to take the piss outa TSOB (for once)

Hi Cabaal

I did not want to highlight TSOBs's trip to the A&E as I did not think it was appropriate to publicise it on a public forum.

swiss did not know of TSOB's trip to the A&E last night. He left us after flash's to go to a night club.

And as i've already said I do hope TSOB gets well soon.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good stuff, boards ppl sit back and watch a fellow boardsie drink himself into a hospital bed. A cry for help, non

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by eoinm1
    And as i've already said I do hope TSOB gets well soon.

as do I am, as do I

• Advertisement

Good night overall, quite an expierance :)

TSOB is apparantly in good shape, im sure he'll be posting here quiet soon.

Stayed with him for about 6hours in a&e, eventually doctors and such just told me to go home and said he'll be fine, and considering i had been awake just over 24hours at that stage, i decided to head home(over 10 of those hours was spent on a bus buts thats different :D ).

Havent been back to say hello to him today just yet, as soon as i got home this morning had to deal with my family for a few hours so after a fun 36hours im retireing to bed.

Im sure he'll post before i get back anyway.

No, I was unaware that TSOB ended up in A&E. Taking the piss out of drunk people is fun. Learning that they had to be hospitalised is not. Hope he posts here again soon.

Originally posted by swiss
    No, I was unaware that TSOB ended up in A&E. Taking the piss out of drunk people is fun. Learning that they had to be hospitalised is not. Hope he posts here again soon.

I didnt inform you of what happened just incase you attempted mouth to mouth or something ;)

Well, I"m back, and I suppose I should be glad this didn't end up in After Hours :dunno: I'm also glad I didn't end up on the receiving side of Swiss's tender care :ninja:

End result of it all, I can remember drinking the last "cocktail" at the bar door and getting ready to leave straight after wards as per the barmans orders, then its blank till I wake up in A&E in a neckbrace. The shock that gave is staggering, and I finally got home with a sore arm ( due to the drip needle ) and a few cuts and bruises on me face ( from fallind down, which I'm told a did a few times ).

At the worst point of it all I was in a lvl 6 coma ( I was informed the gauge goes from 0 - 15, with 0 being dead and 15 being the happy end of the scale ). I was kept past saturday morning mainly for observation.

While this hasn't put me off drink altogether ( I'm not even gonna try and lie and say it has ), it has made me realize its time to start getting to like the taste of pints, and cut back ( a LOT ) on shots/cocktails.

I'd like to thank 3 people at this stage from the bottom of my stomach/heart: Sheep for staying with me for so long, carrying me home, making the "cocktails" and calling the ambulance. Eoinm1 for organizing the night out, turning up, and being a good laugh ( from what I remember ) and Strat for the loan of his jumper to keep me somewhat warm on the way to the emergency room. If anyone else helped me in any way, sorry but due to my comatose state, I don't remember it, but I do thank ye for the help all the same, I know after all I'm lucky to come out of this escapade with minimal injuries, all of me belongings, and my anal virginity ( looking at swiss here ).

Anyways, more laughing at my stupidity please, _Sheep post up those pics, cause I remember you taking some really cool ones, and also (/me raises an imaginery pint of coca cola) to the next waterford boards beers, and all the idiocy it shall bring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Slimjim

POTM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

You are most welcome back to the land of the living, TSOB. :D :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    and also (/me raises an imaginery pint of coca cola) to the next waterford boards beers, and all the idiocy it shall bring!!

i'll drink to that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ROFL ya feckin goon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I ENDED UP BEIN ASKED TO WORK THAT NIGHT GOD DAMMIT

• Advertisement

Anyone up for another mid march?

Problem is, the last boards beers waterford, while fun, was basically me and my friends regular night out tbh. Only 1 fellow boardser I didn't know and meet in real life regularly turned up, and since a few of the people who were there are gone away for a few months due to work, the next one might just end up a complete ****ing dud.

Advertisement