Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem driver woes ...help!

• 12-01-2004 5:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I have reformated my hd and reinstalled xp pro. I had a 'mentor' 56k v92 internal fax modem installed previously but this time round, i cant get xp to recognise the modem.

I dont have the disk that came with it originally - normally, i dont find getting a hold of drivers online a big problem - but this is the exception. I have looked in all the usual places but cant seem to get this sorted. 'Mentor' - whoever they are - one of these outfits that tries to evade support at all costs - i cant track down a website for them. I know that it has an intel chipset and have gone to the intel site and d/l'ed drivers which i *thought* were relevant to this pci card..

Cant believe i'm having so much bother with something i would have classed as simple....anyone have any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

www.driverguide.com
    user : drivers
    pass : all

Give that a go ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

You'll need to find out the exact name of the chipset, you'll probably find it impossible to find the original mentor drivers. Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it would appear to be a bog standard conextant HSF modem from the searches i've done which means the generic conextant drivers should work. you can ge them HERE and see if that's any good to you, if not, you might well be screwed, although google did come up with lots of options, as did driverguide, so don't give up hope if those don't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

conextant is the company
    HCF is the model ISTR

very generic.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for your help guys. After a lot of trial and error, i got the right one via driverguide.com.

• Advertisement
Advertisement