Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem while connecting.

Options
  • 12-01-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine bought a laptop last July in Currys ( Compaq 2500 ). He's been complaining about problems with it for the last couple of months and asked me to have a look.

I got it off him on Saturday and there does seem to be some problm occuring every time you connect to the internet with it.

After approx 1/2 mins an error message appears asking the user to close all application as the sysetm will be shut down in 50 seconds !!

"NT Authority \ Settings" is also mentioned in this box .

Anyone have any ideas ?

He should obviously bring it back but he's a lazy ba$tard and said he would if I can't do anything for him .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You've got the blaster virus.

do these 3 things in the following order:

1.On another PC, download Windows Update fix 824146 from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com & install it on the affected laptop
    2.Update your antivirus definitions
    3.Go to www.symantec.com to download the Blaster removal tool

THis wil solve your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Cheers Colm , have downloaded all files and will try them tonight at home .

Advertisement