Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 league Hurlan v 4P match?

Options
  • 09-03-2000 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

just for the record has this match been played yet and if so how did it fair out? Need results.

Thx ,
    Tom(Jedi)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Ahhh tom where have u been ? under a rock?
    this was the infamous 4p walkover :P as far as i know it wasnt replayed but maybe at leperlan cos i wasnt there sunday.
    G

Daddy or Chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

It was not played and wont be be for reasons that I have mentioned on the boards earlier. We accept that we are unsportsmanlike ******* newbie quakers who dont understand the fun of playing against Koopa, Damo Vorosha and Overlord and run away with our 3 points.

In fact right at this moment Im working on a program that will allow us to nuke all of UL on demand so we can win the league outright.

Easy...

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

OOOHhh , ur details have been forwarded to the proper authorites and you will be given a prompt spanking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

no, we didn't play it. frown.gif funny 'cos we all said we were going to, and then we were waiting around, and then we played 7 and ps. fun games aswell. smile.gif you don't have to be so wierd eek.gif about it Skyclad. playing quake can be fun. rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Skyclad was the only one of his team who wouldnt replay. Said he got offended by "some" comments, "somebody" made, on "some thread" on "some messageboard". Would specify......but he genuinley looked offended.

Get out of yar handbag sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Creative have u still got that big demo of both games?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

so what i'm hearing here is that the game is not going to be replayed smile.gifand that 4P are taking the walkover smile.gif. Thats fine. Records and league table have been updated with win to 4P.

Jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 10-03-2000).]

Chaos...yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

skyclad is the only person in ireland, i think, who wants a 4p walkover....literally

rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by damo (edited 10-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

You ever on creative? smile.gif
    Wanna get that demo off you, or will i mail you with a web accout where u can upload to?
    Let me know.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

isnt just skyclad. share the blame, i want some too smile.gif

Obviously, people have spent a lot of time putting down 4p for their not replaying the match, but of course never bothered to read my original response on the matter. So, for all those who didnt bother read it the first time (Damo), I will repost my previous comments.
    I was personally for playing a rematch against Hurlin, they made the effort to get to the match, and it wasnt their fault that UL went down, so I felt we should play a rematch, which we did decide to do eventually.

Not anymore.

Firstly UL was down again last weekend, and we were forced to play with 3 hpbs and none of our 2 lpb players. We accepted this and took a loss as a result.

Then I read this on the IQ3CL page:

KCD were given the option to replay the match or to take the points. They decided to take the point which in my opinion was probably there best option considering the class of players on the CM side.

What the hell sort of double standards are we playing with here? Either we play the way 4P have learned to play in the UK leagues - have a date and time set for a match, or we play friendly and wait for everyone to have their optimal team for every game, and never finish the league.

So whats it gonna be?

Sky-'quite annoyed atm'-ClaD

[This message has been edited by Skyclad (edited 11-03-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is no double standard.
    CM didnt bother to show up (except Sonic whp was trapped in UL) and we didnt ask for that to be taken into account. That was a geniune walkover and subsequently the clan decided it wasnt fair on the organiser nor the other clans to not commit fully to the league and we left (and disbanded).

H tried their best to get to the game and were stymied by the connections from UL. This was evident all day.

There is world of a difference between the two. At least Quozl is honest about taking the points and running. I seem to recall the last thread ended with 4p agreeing to the rematch, neh?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

yes it did, however at leprecon skyclad made it quite clear he didnt want it to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<insert yawn here>

Devore

You said the same thing last time, and you still havent quite got the point of it.

I was not annoyed at the fact that CM didnt show up, and the fact that they disbanded shortly after has nothing to do with it.

The comment was:
    They decided to take the points which in my opinion was probably there best option considering the class of players on the CM side.

After a 40 post thread where 4P got no support whatsoever for their initial decision not to replay (a decision which I was not part of), I read THAT on the Q3 league homepage, written by one of the admins, and THATS what got me annoyed.

And that is where I believe the double standard lies.

Dave

PS If anyone wants to ***** about my comments about the match at Leprecon, I suggest you try organise a LAN, have half the people who said they would bring stuff not show up, have a power failure that cost you nearly 200 quid, and be in the middle of running a knockout competition when 3 guys come up whining to me about a match in a league that I cant even play in because I dont have a connection.

PPS Smilies have been disabled in this post. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

here, well done 4p.
    gg
    pld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

My parentals beat me while still quite young, then came the life-altering accident. Rematch?

Hurlin refuse to play 4p in any form of a rematch, as they (we feel), are a far superior clan to ours and rather than risk a majority embarrassing defeat at their hands, we would prefer to wallow in our own pit of pitiful skill and inability to play the game, never mind our ability to enjoy it. No amount of whining and begging from 4P will make us change our mind. You had your chance 4p but the connection to UL went down, you blew it. And before you start another rant on how life isn’t fair, id like to refer you to McClure's Magazine in February of 1899, in which was published Rudyard Kipling's poem entitled, "Life's not fair"

Chaos....i mailed you the the addy on your page.

• Advertisement
Advertisement