Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL go mad!

Options
  • 10-03-2000 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

IN my mail box a while back. Makes for some intresting reading!

Dear Customer,

As you may be aware, Ireland On-Line became part of the Esat Telecom Group in
    1999. Since then we have been working to upgrade and integrate our systems and
    are now delighted to be in a position to offer you three great new innovative
    Internet packages, with a choice of services to suit your individual needs
    - IOL Free, IOL NoLimits and IOL Gold.

IOL Free - the free Internet package from Ireland On-Line offers you free
    Internet Access, you just pay the cost of a local call. With IOL Free you also
    get unlimited e-mail addresses @iolfree.ie and 10mb personal web space.

IOL NoLimits - the flat rate Internet package from Ireland On-Line offers you
    unlimited off-peak on-line time for just £20 a month. You also get unlimited
    e-mail addresses @iol.ie, 10mb personal web space and low cost technical
    support on 1890 923 111.

IOL Gold - Your personal account with Ireland On-Line will now be known as IOL
    Gold. This new and improved premium product will cost just £9.99 per month or
    £99 per annum (ex VAT). Your current e-mail address username@iol.ie will remain the same and you will receive special gold members privileges on the IOL Portal,such as a free Go2 Mobile e-mail address and a free Mail Manager system. With
    IOL Gold you will now also get unlimited e-mail addresses @iol.ie, 100mb
    personal web space and low cost technical support on 1890 923 111.

If you would like any more information on any of Ireland On-Line's products or
    services, why not freephone 1800 924 888 or visit our portal site on www.iol.ie,where you will find constantly updated news, sport and weather headlines; an
    online shopping mall; an entertainment section; TV Guide; travel information; a Kidz section and much more.....

On behalf of the management and staff at Esat Telecom Group, I would like to
    take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom and look forward to
    continuing to provide all your home Internet requirements.

Kind regards.
    Yours sincerely,

Angela Keegan
    Managing Director
    Esat Telecom Consumer Group

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

still 20quid.
    although maybe just maybe ppl will be able to connect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

ah ha - its only re-branding, IOL no-limits IS surf no limits.

Im such a wally for not copping on to that!

BTW if you want to change from a dial up account to IOL NL you have to cancel one account and totally set up from scratch again!

G'wan planning and cop on !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Hummm I wonder what happens to EXISTING IOL members that are on ISDN connections. Will they or anyone be able to avail of the IOL NoLimits package? They cant really say that ISDN isnt supported by IOL now can they?
    Thinks might be looking up!

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

yah its no limits isdn now isnt it ? smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just rang them there and the sales rep. told me that it don't support ISDN frown.gif

Oh well...

Jimmy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

fs why not!! smile.gif
    They got the facilitys for it, there just being kunts:/

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Like you Chaos, I spose biggrin.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'm ringing IOL/Esat on monday, to whinge about the price increase and to ask for ISDN no limits.

i suggest everyone hassles them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Butcher get a patition going and put my name down.

Thomas.k.howlin@intel.com

Thx

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

iol no limits = esat surf no limits
    they are not using the iol network for this but using the esat one.

So they aren`t gonna support isdn, probs the whole reason for it, if they did support isdn for no limits then bandwidth would go through the roff smile.gif.

So eh ringing and asking to get ur gold account to be surf no limits is cool, if your paying for an isdn account, if your not then they don`t have to support u on it.

a well maybe some day

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

On the subject of ISDN. I'm considering making the big move. Any idea what the costs are these days? Very few details on the net.

M

Advertisement