Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP database error

Options
  • 12-01-2004 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Ok... I copied a working asp guestbook from one folder to another within the iis folders.

I edited the database to suit my new needs ie changed Name to Job_Title etc and I changed all the code to suit these.

the pointer to the database is just ("guestbook.mdb") so I assume no changes have to be made there as its in the same folder with the other asp files.

Anyway... if I run the original guestbook it runs without any hassle but when I run the new one I copied it gives me an sql error even though no code has changed apart from the field names.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

whats the error message ? is it sql ? is a dsn access error ? is it an asp error ?
    when do you get the error accessing the database or when asscessing the asp ?

btw the way changing the fields names is a funamental change

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Without info on what the error is I can only assume the following

How many database file do you have?

If you have edit DB and orginal ASP pages still runs then
    1) your new ASP page still points to old DB
    2) you have made too much changes in your ASP pages.
    Could be some setting on DB or IIS to access APS page. need more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

show your error message!

Advertisement