Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Heros mod - graphically better than DC..

Options
  • 12-01-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Anyone try Silent Heros?

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_MODS_Silent_Heroes.shtml

Its story is a little iffy (Sweden invades Norway), but the equipment and general graphics look a notch above DC (or certainly appear to be well on the way), which is surprising given how established DC is vs this.

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Silent Heroes is lots of fun; shame there isn't more european servers (apart from the Swedish/Norwegian ones :D). The maps are kinda cool, and the weapons are lots of fun to use without being spammy like DC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The Nordic peoples are reknowned for their fishery, lumber and modeling skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by SyxPak
    The Nordic peoples are reknowned for their fishery, lumber and modeling skills.
    And Norway for Black Metal, and Sweden for Death metal..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is there much lag, when online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Hardly any, its not as vehicle obsessed as DC (yet, if ever). My biggest issue with it is that the uniforms and vehicles are almost identical on both sides, as you would expect admittedly, but you do spend a fair bit of time checking the map to be sure your shooting at the right people at range.

My only other gripe is that theres no unlimited supply of parachutes, which I discovered by accident when I hurled myself out of the back of a troop transport heli.

• Advertisement
Advertisement