Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ADSL provider?

• 12-01-2004 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Time to get ADSL, just wondering which provider is generally recognised as providing the best service?

There don't seem to be any recent threads here discussing that, apologies if this is a too faq.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nobody's going to say eircom.

Nothing personal, but this belongs in Broadband. There's also an FAQ on that forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Esat in my view are the best

http://www.iol.ie/broadband/

Good ping nearly no downtime fair price (for ireland anyway) free modem 8 gig cap (thats a up and down cap)

i recomend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yeah go with ESAT, but sometimes I can get some very bad ping times...................STILL better than Eircom

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

From another thread
    Ozmo:
    So far I've tried UTV Clicksliver, Netsource Solo and in December moved to Eircom IStream. I said I'd never go to Eircom - but had to because the other networks just werent up to standard.

I have to agree, eircom's DSL is the best. The other Isp's are not upto standard except maybe IOL, but I've seen that working and it was not as fast as my eircom connection.

Cap is $hite, but its not that restrictive

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by ando
    Cap is $hite, but its not that restrictive

Bloody hell,
    Next you'll be saying that Eircoms services are value for money
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

If you can get NTL go with them. None of the others come close to NTL. 600kbps conection 30GB download a month and all for only 40 euros a month !!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭niallsmart

I'd prefer to go with UTV to support the underdog (plus they are the cheapest). Any UTV users care to comment on download speeds, ping times, reliability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

pings are'nt that good with utv afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by niallsmart
    I'd prefer to go with UTV to support the underdog (plus they are the cheapest). Any UTV users care to comment on download speeds, ping times, reliability?

Download speeds = great
    Reliability = great
    Ping Times = ,,, well heres the thing , atm they are okish , playable with , but compared to other posts I have read here , they don't make the grade . Add to this the fact that UTV seem to have no interest what so ever in trying to rectify or even address this . ( maybe they are unable to do so ) .

John.

Advertisement