Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hosting question

Options
  • 12-01-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i just want to get a few pages up as quick as posible, what do u people suggest for hosting, and if i have already purchased the domain, (which i have) is it complicated to communicate with a hoster, to direct them towards my domain name, and stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Its not difficult at all if you have the correct software (Dreamweaver ...etc)

See

Blacknight solutions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Once you've chosen a host, you change the nameservers for your domain to theirs, which is a straightforward process. Their nameservers then control the domain and ensure email, web visits, etc, all head in the right direction.

HTH, Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

The first time i done it was easy, was with www.hosting365.ie and u get a login which is all web-based, type in the new account (so your www.domainname.com) and it done it all for me :) was great haha and then if you dont know how to work a ftp client then theres a webshell thing so like you upload onto geocities, they have one of those things aswell.

if your stuck theres a troubleshooting section that explains it, takes half hour max to read how to do it then about a minute once u know how its done, dont know how long it takes to actually change on the dns server etc, bout 24 hours but not 100% sure on that.
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by paulthelegend
    long it takes to actually change on the dns server etc, bout 24 hours but not 100% sure on that.
    Paul

Normally you can expect a DNS change to take 24-72 hours unless the TTL is really low or the domain is new.

Advertisement