Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resizing issue

Options
  • 12-01-2004 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Im working on a webdesign at the moment on a 21inch monitor using dreamweaver. The site looks fine on the 21inch monitor and on a 15inch monitor. However if I view it on a 17inch monitor I have to scroll acrooss the page to read it all.

Has anyone got any suggestion how to get round this? Im specifiying the percentage to display on screen, this is working fine for the 15inch laptop and the 21inch screen. But the 17inch forces me to scroll acorss that page which is annoying. Anyone got any suggestions....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

eh, from your description, i reckon you'll need to do some learning about monitor resolutions. talking in terms of monitor sizes in inches betrays quite a lack of experience. not to worry, we all start somewhere and you could start by seeing what you find using something like "web design" "screen resolutions" as search terms on google and spend a few hours getting up to speed

hth
    \r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

There is alo a script that will automatically resise you page to that of the end users screen I have it at home i will post it up for you,

But i would Also look into designing your page for the correct res.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

suggestion: use percentages for table sizes instead of fixed sizes.

Advertisement