Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explorer question

Options
  • 12-01-2004 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I open up Explorer my homepage is changed to some site called "Smartsearch" even though I keep changing it back to my own homepage. I've tried to sort it out by deleting all the Temp Files and the Cookies but it keeps on happening. I know it's not life or death but it's a right royal pain in the proverbials. I've checked Add/Remove programs to see if something has installed itself but everything seems ok!
    Any suggestions on how to sort this out???

Cheers.

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Search for any spyware, "Spybot serach & destroy" should get rid of it.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by joePC
    Search for any spyware, "Spybot serach & destroy" should get rid of it.

Thanks joePC

That's really weird, every time I try to search for "Spybot search & destroy" on Google Explorer keeps closing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

get it from http://www.download.com

you're machine doesn't reboot does it?
    do ctrl-shift-esc and end task anything like 'superbar', 'superseach' smartsearch, smrtsrch.exe or something like that.
    THen download spybot and run it.

Originally posted by Kananga
    get it from http://www.download.com

you're machine doesn't reboot does it?
    do ctrl-shift-esc and end task anything like 'superbar', 'superseach' smartsearch, smrtsrch.exe or something like that.
    THen download spybot and run it.

Yeah, I was trying to get it off Download.com but everytime I try to Explorer keeps closing!!! It's doing me nut!!! Argghhhh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

open IE, goto "tools" > internet options > advanced, and unclick "enable third part browser extensions"

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bazH
    open IE, goto "tools" > internet options > advanced, and unclick "enable third part browser extensions"

I don't have that as an option!!!

Advertisement