Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript DHTML Menus

Options
  • 12-01-2004 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a JavaScript menu (like the ones found here) that I got from The JavaScript Source and all is working well, except for the x,y positioning of the menu.

The way the menu is created is absolute positioning from the top left of the page, so for example the co-ordinate (50, 50) will not always match where the menu is supposed to be. All the menus are created on a div inside the Javascript and dynamically positioned. I want to change this so the menus are just triggered by mouseOver events in the HTML -- but I think I will still be left with the same problem as the sub-menus are probably just positioned relative to the parent menus (i.e. y = y - 10).

At this point I think I'd prefer to try a different menu as I think I could end up spending far too much time trying to fix this, when the same time could be spent customizing a better menu.

So, unless anyone is a JavaScript Guru, anyone have any recommendations for free Javascript menus?

Serb

Advertisement