Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos playing what

Options
  • 14-03-2000 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Anyone come accross stats on most popular online game at the mo ? Some say Quake x others maintain HL (+mods) is most played.
    It's hardly UT yet is it ?
    Anyone ? Bueller ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Half-Life + mods (CS, TFC et al) is the most played game in the world, with more people playing it than Q3 and UT combined. Q3 leads UT by a slight margin for second place, although this has swapped around a few time in the past few months.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Half-Life owns you smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Regi (edited 14-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

UT all the way for me. I will play QW CA when the servers back. Q3 sits back in its box I played it online 3 or 4 times and hated it. HL is the spawn of the devil and shall not be spoken again :P

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

In order of preference:
    Q3 - coz it feels goooood
    UT - coz it got gooood weapons
    Played half-life once on line but the lag was incredibly bad. It was that custom level of the giant room. Must give it another go sometime.

Never played quake1 (or glquake or quakeworld or whatever the hell it's called) over a modem but a fair bit on a lan.
    A lot of Dukem Nukem 3d (pipe bombs ROOL JOOR A$$) but my favourite was Descent. Sweeping three point turns and the quad purple lasers....
    Sigh... Them were the days, good aul ipx network with frame types all over the camp. None of this modern day tcp/ip with yer routable address' and yer dns and yer.....[rambles on incessantly for hours]

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes, HL 0wnj00 smile.gif
    And TFC owns all the HL mods smile.gif

(Contrary to the opinions of counterstrike heads everywhere)

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

any chance of a board entitled "what i think the best fps game is?"
    then we hear everyones lame arguements there smile.gif
    when everyone knows its qw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

q3 is fast , I like it on a lan ,never played UT much , I took one look at that sniper rifle and didn't go back to it smile.gif , if you want a decent mp game play Counterstrike. hmmm now it has classy sniper rifles wink.gif

Jelv

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah yes, but sniper rifles aren't everything unless you're a campy sniper ba$tard like Jelv smile.gif

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I wonder do ppl still play Quake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I thought he was asking about actual stats for games, but I may as well throw in my 2p worth: I really like UT, Q3 is pretty excellent as well (had connection probs with it for a while but it's fun now they're sorted) but I'll be playing UT in preference. Half-Life suffers from very bad network code, which also cripples CounterStrike in my experience - I might give it a lash again now Beta6 is out tho.

Doom 2 still 0wns j00 4ll. wink.gif

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yes, half-life deathmatch has pretty **** netplay, but TFC and CS is far more playable lagwise that Q3 ever was for me. Even with the average 200 pings to IGN halflife, its well playable. Quake 3 just isn't at 200 ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yes I was Shinji. Must say the reason I play tfc/cs is cos it was less laggy than UT or q3a

Advertisement