Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Clean Heatsink Paste

• 12-01-2004 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Whats the best to clean Heatsink Paste??
    Where can i pick it up??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

You mean to clean it off the heatsink?

Acetone. DON'T use nail varnish remover. You can get it in the chemist as well though! I think there's another name for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Yes off the heatsink!!!:D

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

USE ONLY ACETONE nothing else DO NOT use nail varnish remover even though it contains acetone it also has about 20 different other chemical and also smells.

use a lint free cloth aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

www.overclockers.co.uk do an organic based one that works really well on that pink sh*t, by akasa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Lint Free cloths from where??? hardware stores???chemists??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by astrofool
    www.overclockers.co.uk do an organic based one that works really well on that pink sh*t, by akasa

what's the point getting that stuff when it costs more than acetone which you can buy in the chemist and don't incur a delivery charge.

i'm not sure on the lint free cloth bit cos i've never cleaned off the past before but i know that majority of people use acetone

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isopropyl Alcohol, as close to 100% as you can.

Should be available from a good chemists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Robbo
    Isopropyl Alcohol, as close to 100% as you can.

Should be available from a good chemists.

Isopropyl Alcohol is best, esp 99.9%, but using a cotton bud and acetone will do grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

*cough* i used a normal tissue to wipe it off, and i used the same tissue to clean my processor :dunno: But i definately don't recommend doing that. I only did it cos i was about to send the thing off to be warrentied, as i thought it was already broken, but when i stuck it in another mobo, it worked there, so it turned out the board was broken.

i repeat, don't use tissue paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

WD40, it clean off most stuff, surprisingly well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement