Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus radio swap?

Options
  • 12-01-2004 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

At some point in the next few months, I'll be changing me lovely Corsa, and I'm thinking of getting a Ford Focus. One of the things that is putting me off them is the head unit for a stereo. I have a Kenwood MP3 CD player, (lovely piece of kit) and I would like to transplant that into a Focus. One issue is that the panel on the dash is larger than the standard letterbox type opening on other most cars.

So, is it possible to put the Kenny into the Focus? I presume the wiring is mostly the same, are there any covers/accessories to cover up the rest of the space there?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

it should be possible to get a new surround.
    did this recently with the wife's 206.
    you should possibly shop around though. Motor store in ilac wanted €45 or €50 (for a bit of plastic!) - got it off pugeot for €11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by DMC
    So, is it possible to put the Kenny into the Focus? I presume the wiring is mostly the same

wiring is not the same.

Back of focus stereo:

DSCF0001.jpg

To get a standard non Ford player to work with the Focus you need a wiring adapter. I got mine from a local motor store

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Here's the fascia adaptor

The wiring adaptor may be on this list

Otherwise you'll have to doctor the wiring! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thanks guys. Great pics Ando, thats reassuring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

SafeSounds on the corner of Richmond Road/Drumcondra should have everything you need. It probably wont look as good as the built in unit though !

R-N-B

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have done this with my Fiesta, looks far better with a normal sized cd player the built in unit is way too big and has ugly buttons, its like it was designed for Homer Simpson to use!

Am gettin myself a Focus on Saturday, she has a proper cd player already installed so no need to mess around at all :D

Ando is the Cd player not in the wrong place in them pics, would it not look better on the top end of the cd area and not the bottom?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ando - are you a closet boy racer? I see you have stashed the baseball cap in the glove box!
    :D

Advertisement