Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shenmue 3

Options
  • 12-01-2004 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i really enjoyed the first two games in this series, has there been any word on another installment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

AFAIK its been cancelled due to the poor sales of the other 2. Could be wrong, but there was a post in here the other day that had a link. Said link talked about changes occuring in Sega, and this was mentioned as part of it. I'll try to find it and post it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 partious

Not cancelled as far as I know, but not confirmed to be in development either. Basically, don't hold your breath waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Here's the link:

http://www.gamerseurope.com/articles/442

And the relevant info:
    There is more. Titles are being canned. Sega titles are never canned. Well, they were not before. Vectorman is the unfortunate latest victim. Loosely based on an old Megadrive franchise and developed outside of Sega by Pseudo Interactive, it was even presented at E3 2003 alongside titles like Sonic Heroes and Billy Hatcher. And now, it has gone. Poof. Sega did not like how it was turning out so they pulled the plug. Just like that. What else? Shenmue. A third installment was confirmed, it began early development but then when the second failed in the marketplace they just stopped. Killed it. Just like that. Sega said no. Instead of pouring millions into the development of something that in no parallel dimension this side of the Universe would have recorded a profit they just decided to make something else instead. Well, at least for now.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all, but it looks fairly concrete and bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I heard that Sega were going to port the first two parts of Shenmue onto the third installment, pushing the entire saga in one pack called Shenmue Chronicles. I also heard that they might finish the story in a form of anime.

But I don't think Shenmue III is cancelled. I never heard of any cancelation (and the source for that information is kinda iffy, seems like they were trying to twist things round so that their article would have some relevance). Last time I heard, it was under development for an unamed console (presumably for Xbox and/or PS2) to be released in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

have any of you replayed the first two games? i have been thinkingt about that, but am afraid that they will consume my life again. doing my degree and getting lost in shenmue cant be a good mix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

There was a rumour that it was going to be made into a film. Shemue 3 that is. Try seacrhing on computerandvideogames.com for it. I think it was later denied though.

It wud be a great shame if they didn't finish off the story. They'll probably end up remaking them in ten years....well at least I'll still be young. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

<
    ^

Yeah in case youd didnt know I adore this game, to put it very mildly.

Eagerly awaiting a third installment or continuation of the story in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

edge magazine had a feature on sega a few months back and they were talking to the guy who was mainly responsible shenmue (i can't remember his name). They asked him would there be another shenmue game and he just said, "not yet".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just for the record his name is Yu Suzuki...(i think) :dunno:

Advertisement