Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband tests

• 12-01-2004 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

With all the brouhaha about eircoms broadband price drop, I decided to try their online test to see if my phone line was viable. It passed both tests. kind of odd because both eircom and utv told me there was a problem regarding it this summer when i tried to get broadband (eircom told me a few times they'd get an engineer to have a look, but do ye think that happened?? like ..... it did)

So how reliable is this online test. Am i *sob* actually able to get off this crappy dial up now?? It looked like eircom were going to let me order it online there and then

Or are eircom cruelly building me hopes up to smash them again??...:dunno:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Bambi
    With all the brouhaha about eircoms broadband price drop, I decided to try their online test to see if my phone line was viable. It passed both tests. kind of odd because both eircom and utv told me there was a problem regarding it this summer when i tried to get broadband (eircom told me a few times they'd get an engineer to have a look, but do ye think that happened?? like ..... it did)

So how reliable is this online test. Am i *sob* actually able to get off this crappy dial up now?? It looked like eircom were going to let me order it online there and then

Or are eircom cruelly building me hopes up to smash them again??...:dunno:
    UTVs current price is cheaper than oreillycoms proposed new price, so order it from UTV now, rather than waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

afaik that eircom test just checks ur exchange and not ur actual line.
    I think thats all the sales team have as well tho and the engineers then do another test before tho im not sure about this last part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

nice one lads.

Ive no intention of buying anything off eircom if i can help it :D plus im already with UTV
    the test seems to be an online version of the one the sales team do (did?) on your line when you ring them up and ask for BB. maybe not. It actually tells you the line is okay and to check if your exchange is enabled in a seperate test :confused:

either way UTV are getting a ring tomorow

Advertisement