Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor wont display above 1024x768

• 12-01-2004 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Just after finally replacing my auld 15" with a 17" proview 772M monitor.
    However the new 17" wont display above 1024x768.
    I downloaded and installed a driver so win98SE would recognise it properly, which it did after rebooting but still couldnt increase resoluion.

Reinstalled detonator 45.23 drivers for my geforce4 ti 4200 gfx card and rebooted but STILL it wont go above 1024*768.

aida32 system info tools see the monitor correctly and correctly states it can support upto 1280x1024.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

it's hardly at a wrong refresh rate? or your graphics card is a bit err.. "broke"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Put refresh rate to 60Hz and see what you can get then.
    My 17" wouldn't go above 1024*768 at 85Hz, qould only do 1152x864 at 60 or 70Hz.

Your monitor probably can't manage the res.

Also, don't rely on default windows "Plug 'n Play Monitor" driver, try and find a proper one for your model, and get the .icm colour configuration file for it too.

Also, a word of warning.
    Do not use a monitor at any res that has a refresh rate of lower than 85Hz.
    the TCO 95 specs say 75hz minimum, but it isn't good enough.

I use mine at 1152*864 @ 100Hz (19" Hansol 920D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Put refresh rate to 60Hz and see what you can get then.
    My 17" wouldn't go above 1024*768 at 85Hz, qould only do 1152x864 at 60 or 70Hz.
    Your monitor probably can't manage the res.

had tested the monitor before in work before i came home. could display up to 1280x1024 @ 75hz with a ****ty ati rage pro gfx card

Also, don't rely on default windows "Plug 'n Play Monitor" driver, try and find a proper one for your model, and get the .icm colour configuration file for it too.
    had done that before posting. no good
    Also, a word of warning.
    about 8 years too late with that warning....:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by BoobeR
    it's hardly at a wrong refresh rate? or your graphics card is a bit err.. "broke"?

hope not :( seems to be running fine with everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Scruff
    had tested the monitor before in work before i came home. could display up to 1280x1024 @ 75hz with a ****ty ati rage pro gfx card

You haven't stated @ what refresh rate you tried at home. It could well be that the monitor can't handle more than 1024*768@85Hz

Proview are low end monitors so I wouldn't be surprised - sorry m8 if that is bad news :(
    Also, a word of warning.

I agree with SyxPak. Lower rate is ok if you don't use the PC for long. I've mine (old Dell branded Sony Trinitron 21" at 1280*960@100Hz)

The theory behind the refresh rate is something like this: the human eye works at about 100Hz. Anything less than this looks like it is flickering. Anything from 100Hz upwards looks completely still, like a picture. Hence there is no point setting your monitor to a higher refresh rate than 100Hz. Hope this helps :)

Advertisement