Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would any of you MGS owners buy The Twin Snakes?

Options
  • 12-01-2004 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52038

i've just been fapping wildly over some pictures of mgs-tts, and i have to say. despite playing through mgs on the ps1 3 times, i'm seriously considering getting this.
    (its the pics of sniper wolf that convinced me:) )

still though, €45+ for an old game with little more than some jazzed up graphics is a wee bit cheeky...

someone please convince me not to get it

Would you buy it? 20 votes

I'll be getting it
    0% 0 votes
    pfft!
    85% 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I know someone who works in Konami so I'll be getting mine for free :D

If I wasn't I'd still get it. It's like buying link to the past on the GBA, an excuse to play one of the best games ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Send one over here retr0 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

/me waves hand across moniter. "This isn't the game your looking for!"

Personally, I'd just wait till it was going cheap in a years time, or just get it second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

apparantly its more than just a graphical upgrade. You'll be able to do everything that was possible to do in MGS2. All the same moves. The cut scenes are completely reworked too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

after what they did to MGS2 I will not waste my money on The Twin Snakes...I dont care what promises they make...imho MGS2 was the the biggest let down in Konomai's history and as you can see i dont have any faith in its next outing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

MGS2 was a good game, but the ending was the greatest load i've ever been misfortunate enough to see. I kept expecting something to happen, some closure from the game, but no, it just kept on with the mind numbing daddy ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

can wait to see it on a real console..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

i think i must be one of very few who is looking forward to playing this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not a chance of me buying this, really. The only addition of note is more cutscenes. I think Kojima should concentrate on taking out cutscenes from his games, rather than adding them in.

Its a pointless port, and all the more pointless considering its taking up the time and resources of Silicon Knights. A real pity that the people who brought us Eternal Darkness are stuck doing this shite at the expense of making a new game, really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Remember how good the res evil remake was tho? If its as goos as that was, were in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'd say it has real potential to be a great game. It will keep me tied over until MGS3 anyway. Maybe it will include a few hints as to what is to be expected from MGS3? A demo disc would probably be to much to expect tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

As someone who went out of his way to get a copy of Bleemcast for MGS, just so I could play it through again with a whole bunch of graphical updates, I have absolutely no problem paying this for the Twin Snakes.

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Remember how good the res evil remake was tho? If its as goos as that was, were in for a treat.

In fairness, the Resident Evil update did change an awful lot of the game. The MGS remake updates the graphics and cutscenes and adds what, two or three new moves? By the sounds of things, that's it.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    In fairness, the Resident Evil update did change an awful lot of the game. The MGS remake updates the graphics and cutscenes and adds what, two or three new moves? By the sounds of things, that's it.

Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima have both had input into this game..so im not writing it off just yet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by fixxxer
    I'd say it has real potential to be a great game. It will keep me tied over until MGS3 anyway. Maybe it will include a few hints as to what is to be expected from MGS3? A demo disc would probably be to much to expect tho....
    seeing as mgs3 is a ps2 exclusive, i sincerely doubt it:(
    maybe playable versions of the previous metal gears...:dunno:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

maybe playable versions of the previous metal gears...

I'd love an updated version of Solid Snake. Fantastic game with a storyline almost as good as MGS's. It's unfortunate that the two MSX metal gear games are slow on the MSX emulators that i've used and the NES version of MG is terrible.

I can ask if the european version will have any extras like that but I doubt it or that they even know themselves.

Kojima said he won't rerelease the old Metal Gears, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SantaClaws

Yeah well i seen the Video of it but i thought ity was called Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater or somethin?
    Looks Good Though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Originally posted by tman
    seeing as mgs3 is a ps2 exclusive, i sincerely doubt it:(
    maybe playable versions of the previous metal gears...:dunno:

Ah my friend, thats what my ps2 is for.... :D

Originally posted by SantaClaws
    Yeah well i seen the Video of it but i thought ity was called Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater or somethin?
    Looks Good Though
    thats 'metal gear solid 3 - the snake eater' that you're thinking of, afaik its exclusive to the ps2.
    'the twin snakes' is a remake of the ps1 version of MGS, and afaik, is a gamecube exclusive.

Originally posted by tman
    thats 'metal gear solid 3 - the snake eater'

The snake eater..*chuckles* always good for a cheap laugh, that tagline.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Kojima said he won't rerelease the old Metal Gears, didn't he?
    according to this they're releasing a mgs console bundle in japan, including an emulated version of the original nes metal gear.

2 links for a new trailer as well:
    http://jpn01.konami.co.jp/movie/mgs_tts/mgs_tts_14min_j.asx
    http://jpn01.konami.co.jp/movie/mgs_tts/mgs_tts_27min_j.asx

low and high quality respectively...

The nes version of metal gear is absolutely atrocious. The MSX is far superior. It's basically a different game. NES MG doesn't even feel like a MG game. However it did have some of the worst translated dialogue ever. Heres some examples:

You get in a truck that starts moving. Snake proclaims 'the truck have started moving'

The first enemy you encounter proclaims something like 'I think I'll go to sleep' before nodding of immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by SearrarD
    after what they did to MGS2 I will not waste my money on The Twin Snakes...I dont care what promises they make...imho MGS2 was the the biggest let down in Konomai's history and as you can see i dont have any faith in its next outing

I completly agree with SerrarD, MSG was one of the best games i have EVER played on the playstation. ive lost count the ammount of times I've played the game. When MGS2 was released i both it, played it, finished it and then wished immediatly it was never made. one of the biggest let downs ever.

I didnt buy METAL GEAR SOLID2 SUBSTANCE and im not going to buy twin snakes.
    until they make Metal gear solid 3 and put some SERIOUS effert into the game / storyline i wont be buying a thing from them,

Advertisement