Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crying of lot 49

Options
  • 12-01-2004 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

just finished reading this great novel by thomas pynchon. i really enjoyed it, -wierd, and very funny in parts. except for the ending. not that it was bad or anything, its just that it left a lot unresolved. (or maybe i just missed the whole point of it?? - quite possible - couldnt get my head around several bits!) was the tristero real, or was it all in her head, was it some sort of joke set up by the late invararity??? etc.

i just know ill be lying in bed later tonight and wondering what the hell was going on!!

also - anyone recommend another pynchon book to read?
    ive heard gravitys rainbow is excellent, but quite long and heavy going....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pintoplain

His collection of early short stories, Slow Learner, is a mixed bag, but has one stand-out story, The Secret Integration. But really, give GR a chance!

Advertisement