Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp GX20/22

• 12-01-2004 10:16pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody anybody got any thoughts on these phones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are basically the same handsets except that the GX22 has an even better screen than the GX20. Also, the GX22 is aimed at the asian market while the GX20 is for Europe.

Meant to be a great phone. If you do a search under the wireless forum you should find some threads.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

could not find any info do you know were I could buy a GX22 mate

If you sourced a reseller in Hong Kong I would be you find one there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3071536518&category=11026

But OUCH! to the price, tho the weakness of the Dollar would help you at the moment.

$579+$50shippping to Ireland=$630 = €494.73 according to XE.com just now....

Bit cheaper but doesnt take PayPal for international orders:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070984355&category=11026
    $606inc shipping = €476 +cost of EFT or International Draft etc.(4sake of €20 id go for the top one)

Thanks for the info I would rather buy from a company instead of some punter on ebay or am i just been silly

• Advertisement

I would be in the same mindset as yourself. There is nothing like a new phone from a reputable retailer, safe in the confidence you will get the help when ya need it.

Mind you, depends how bad ya want it.

i have found it foe 450 euro from the usa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Well, maybe I see it a little differently, when Sigma/Fonefix are 5mins off from my daily commute but *so far* my Ebay experience has been good.

Sigma/Fonefix had no problem updating my firmware when I brought it into them, despite the lack of a receipt, as they can go by Manufacturers warranty instead of retail date - Most manufacturers currently give 15months from date of manufacture.

So long as you follow the sort of advice given in the thread about this(i.e. Buying Phone on Ebay) in this forum then I think Ebay can be great.

That said, there are some very good online retailers around the world who can be cheaper than Ebay.
    Even if you have to buy it in a PrePay pack & locked, can still be worth your while.

can you recommend any retailers mate

Advertisement