Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you....

Options
  • 12-01-2004 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

I am goin to look at a 3 door 1.4 focus tomorrow, looks nice but one thing is that it doesnt have any central locking, I have an alarm and immobiliser here that i was meant to get fitted to my last car but never got round to it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the alarm fitted and use the alarms central locking function on the focus?
    would the alarm be able to lock both doors with the button or is the locking only mechanical?

thanks

D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If your car doesn't have central locking then I would doubt that the alarm could provide it.
    The alarm would just provide an electrical stimulation to open the existing central locking system (which you don't have).
    However, it may not bee too expensive to get an aftermarket system and link it to the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

any ideas where to look for an aftermarket system?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

sorry, I choose not to know much about Fords!

yeh wasnt too impressed with my Fiesta but i cant find a decent car out there other than a Focus, actually theres plenty of lovely cars, just my insurance doesnt allow me to drive them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Try Here for aftermarket car electric windows - central locking kits etc.

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

maplin has central locking kit with interface. well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you could ask this question on the Focus owners club, you'll get good responces from them....

http://forum.ffoc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Thanks Tinky, Wolfelec dont supply a central locking system that fits a Focus, asked the dealer about it and he said ya can get aftermarket cenyral locking costs around €400 so i dont think its worth it, tis only a 3 door car so keeping 2 doors locked cant be that hard.

Maybe in a couple of months i'll look about it.

thanks for all your help, if ya's drank in the same pub as me i'd buy ya's all a pint, pitty ya's dont hehe :D

Advertisement