Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favorite Final Fantasy Character?

Options
  • 12-01-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is tied between Cloud and Auron.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Either Vincent, Cloud or Squall. Would never really be able to decide methinks to be honest. Though, Vincent was underused, he had **** loads of potential and mental limit breaks that could have used more work on them tbh.

Cloud, well he's just, Cloud. Quiet badass with a big, **** off sword and mad on for Sephy. Same thing with Squall, angsty mofo, with a quiet, determind mindframe and a mad on for Seifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

vivi-thats all that needs to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sepiroth, no competition at all really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I started playing through FF7 last night and Cloud is definitly my favorite. That game is still so good after so many years. I have FF8 and FF9 ordered of gameplay aswell so i should have them soon.

I dont get how anyone can even like the main character in any of the recent final fantasy game(from 7 on). Each time they try make some misunderstood lonely guy, and just end up with a whiney runt who falls in love and then gets all happy for a while. The real greats are the likes of cid(from 7), seifer, auron and such......at least they had balls.

But as far as being THE MAN-there is only one vivi!

yes i'm bored

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

/me forgot he had no opinion and has to follow i_am_dogboys one precisily. :confused:

Just because you didn't like the characters or there development, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Personally, I prefer Squall and Cloud over Zidane with his happy go lucky, jap pervent mentality.

I liked the love story in FFVIII more than any of the others I've played so far, with the possible exception of FFX, and thought the characters and story were well written, and can't see why every one else hates it. But most do, so there you go.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Funnily enough, being a lover of the underdog or the character nobody likes, I always had a soft spot for Cait Sith...

He was a wanker, but he was fun to use and I just loved thwomping people over the head with his big arms... Felt sorry for him when he 'sacrificed' himself during the middle of the game.

Secondly would be Sephiroth with Vincent / Cloud not far behind. Was never big into any of the other Final Fantasy's bar number VII, but I 'AM' a mad fan of shotguns, and I remember that there's some shotgun toting cowboy type character in VIII who looked pretty nifty, but I think he was meant to have been a dickhead or something.

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    /me forgot he had no opinion and has to follow i_am_dogboys one precisily. :confused:

i was bored.........don't take me seriously

They just annoy the hell out of me, being whiney runts and all. Although cloud did make up for it by wearing a dress and offering himself to don.
    Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Felt sorry for him when he 'sacrificed' himself during the middle of the game.

Nearly cried then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Sepiroth, no competition at all really :)

Nice to see someone with a bit of taste :D

I preferred Zidane to Squall. Squall was abit of a twat. I thought FFVIII was good but not great. FFIX was good and went back to Final Fantasy's roots. FFX is a masterpiece only over shadowed by FFVII.

You just can't beat the techno-punk feel of FFVII. The first thing that grabbed me last night when i put it on was the music. It really draws you into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Sepiroth. He's just do dam good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Well since I've only played FFVII & VIII [PC-Gamer exclusively, now]
    I'd have to say Biggs is favorite :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a bit of a soft spot for the characters who start of as seeming quite weak but as the story progresses you find out that they are strongest characters.

Aerith Gainsborough gets my vote for favourite. She is probably my favourite character in any game. All my favourite scenes involved her, the chase through the church and then running along the roofs of midgar, the date scene in golden saucer etc. I loved all the other characters in FFVII but Aerith has a special place in my heart.

I loved Vivi as well. It was great watching him become stronger as the story progressed. He also made me laugh quite a bit.

Auron was just plain cool especially his voice. I liked the way his back story was only revealed gradually during the game and you didn't find out about him until near the end.

Sephiroth: probably the best video game bad guy ever.

On a final note I absolutely hated Squall. He was a complete ignorant twat and my player-character sympathy went straight out the window. He seemed to treat almost everyone like something he stepped on and wanted to get off his boots. And I didn't like his sudden personality change near the end. I didn't like FF8 that much and it was the characters more so than the dire story that ruined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

I would say that the character with the most personality would be SELPHIE! (It was never written any other way) It was a sh*t personality but it was big.....sooomanyjumps.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Before FFX, sephiroth. But now I guess its Auron.

On a side note, I loved Final Fantasy 8, for so many reasons. Truly a great game.

aur.jpg.jpeg

Cant beat his battle crys either "This is for the fallen" etc

Actually I might start a new game of FFX on my new PS2, as Its the only final fantasy Ive only cleared once!

Nice.

Cant beat his battle crys either "This is for the fallen" etc

Auron has some brilliant quotes. I loved him in FFX. It got to the stage were i was leveling him up more then Tidus.

Cloud is still great though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

damn cloud and his sexy appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Tifa-01.jpg

...why do you think?

oh,and selphie was horrible. "ILIKETRAINSILIKETRAINS"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Without doubt, vivi.

His story development was the best (imagine finding out your a defective tool of destruction?).

He was so powerful, especially when combined with reflect.

and he was just so plain cool.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Vivi - the most humane, realistic character the series has ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

my favourite is yuna.

carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and somehow managing to smile yet inside she was already dead knowing her fate. characters like her have been done in final fantasy before yet due to bad translations for the most part i didnt care as much for them as yuna. maybe by the end of ff x-2 she will be truly happy.

auron is by the coolest character in any final fantasy. his voice, his battle crys the fact that by the time i had finished the game he was doing 99999 damage with each hit made him a totall badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Auron or Septhiroth, although i think having "one winged angel" as a theme may shade it for the dark side..

Cloud was pretty cool tho. Always nice to have a main character with a delsuion problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SantaClaws

Squall is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

I really like Locke (FF VI). Freedom Fighter, Rebel what more can you want. He's basiclly just a better Cloud I think.

My over all fave FF charater is one that is very often overlooked. And that's Odin. He was amazing. And Leviathen. Or Bahamoth. In fact all the summons/aeons were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

My over all fave FF charater is one that is very often overlooked. And that's Odin. He was amazing. And Leviathen. Or Bahamoth. In fact all the summons/aeons were great.

aw come on...they were cool but they hardly count as characters. they're more like features....you had such little dealings with them that that couldn't be based on anything but "they look really cool" (that said though: they were pretty cool)

i did of course like Cloud. He really had a "i'm very cool, look at me go" vibe. and Sephiroth rules all for bad guys (no contest at all).
    vivi was interesting and all but i've only played through 9 once and i don't really remember much of the details/plot/anything really...hmm....that reminds me to play that again sometime.

...actually just forget it, i won't even try go through 8 or 10 (though Auron was damn cool)

i'm gonna go with Cloud... followed closely by Yuffie (i always liked her...please don't hurt me :(

Originally posted by passive
    followed closely by Yuffie (i always liked her...please don't hurt me :(

I likes yuffie too, with her later limit breaks and her strength up nice and high, she could do a serious amount of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Aeris / Vivi / Yuna. :D Man I'm turning into a chick!

Advertisement