Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for the J1?

Options
  • 12-01-2004 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I just paid the deposit today.

So anyone else doing it?

How are you going about looking for work? Any luck so far? Do you think it's too late to start? Email people, or post out cv's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Furniture removals is a good one for lads if you don't mind hard work. Helps to get in with them before you go as you get more work etc.

I wouldn't bother really looking for work before going if i went again. Better to beat the streets when you get there. Can be disheartening but you get to look around more than you would normally.

Better to look for accomodation before you go I reckon and have it ready.

Where you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I'm heading in the Florida direction, and was thinking about doing some type of manual labour if I couldn't find a job that could count as proper experience on my cv

I would love it if I could wait until I got out there before getting a job. Problem being that it's necessary to have an official job offer before heading off. Actually scrap that. I was told yesterday that I need the job offer sorted by march. So it's time for me to get stressed.

I had a thread about this before in the work forum a while back. Just stuck this one here to check out if anyone else is heading off :)

Advertisement