Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA team of 2003!!!

• 13-01-2004 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

With almost 1,500,000 votes cast here is the winning team:

Buffon

Ferreira
    Nesta
    Maldini
    Carlos

Figo
    Beckham
    Zidane
    Nedved

Henry
    van Nistelrooy

Coach: José Mourinho (FC Porto).

What a bloody team. Every player one by a fairly big margain. Henry and Zidane make it three years in a row.

http://www.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/flash.html

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Roberto Carlos and Beckham are only there because of their reputation/who they play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by kaids
    Roberto Carlos and Beckham are only there because of their reputation/who they play for.
    I would have agreed with this last year as I never rated Beckham for United but his form for Madrid has been outstanding and he does a lot more then cross a ball and take free kicks now.

As for Carlos, he was up against Lizarazu, Zambrotta, Kaladze and O'Shea. If I was to pick the best player of the five I would say Carlos but if I was to pick the best left back I think Lizarazu and Zambrotta are better. Carlos is too much an attacking player rather then a defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

My own team was the very same apart from having Zizarazu at left back, Paul Scholes in midfield instead of Figo and Raul up front instead of RVN

Aren't I super:)

The lack of alternatives to Beckham in the poll are baffling.

Seems heavily biased. Of the 5 centre mids there, 1 plays for Real, 2 for Milan, 1 for Juve and 1 was Real til very recently. Where is Roy Keane? Patrick Vieira? etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i suspose with keane taking time out with his hip last year kinda lost him a few votes and would you pick viera over zidane??? and beckham is playing some football with real at the moment!! good team imo, but it wont be long before duff and o shea start appearing in this team maybe in the team of 2004:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

beckham should be on the right he cant play centre midfield and figo should not be in that team. A centre midfielder like vierra, gerrard or scholes should be there instead but other than that its probably the best team in europe:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Shaque attack
    beckham should be on the right he cant play centre midfield and figo should not be in that team.
    Beckham is playing the best football of his career in the centre of midfield. Figo definitely does deserve to be in the team too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    ibut it wont be long before duff and o shea start appearing in this team maybe in the team of 2004:)

duff maybe but o shea isnt having the best of seasons!

[edit just for you kaids]

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    i suspose with keane taking time out with his hip last year kinda lost him a few votes and would you pick viera over zidane??? and beckham is playing some football with real at the moment!! good team imo, but it wont be long before duff and o shea start appearing in this team maybe in the team of 2004:)
    eh? i'm not talking about Zidane.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Duff will get his nominations now that he plays for a 'big' club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement