Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Card Reader?

• 13-01-2004 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Where can I get a memery card reader for the Nokia 6600?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have a look at these:
    http://www.shop4memory.com/products/flash-card-reader.asp

or you might want to look for a more simple SD/MMC pnly card reader - but incase you use more than one type of card a multi-reader comes in handy...

...and I may as well add what seems to be turning into a common response here 'you can get them on ebay' in case you'd never heard of it or know of anything you can't get on ebay (apart from live things or parts of live things) ;)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

This 7 in 1 on MobileFun.co.uk do ya?
    USB 7in1
    Could go for one of the single MMC readers either but their outta stock atm :/

But for this type of stuff ya usually find some great bargains on EBAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Originally posted by DubWireless
    have a look at these:
    http://www.shop4memory.com/products/flash-card-reader.asp
    I got the 6in1 USB2.0 reader/writer from there. Works great now, but was a bit awkard to set up drivers wise. But thats due to having Win2K, and it not seeming to have the appropriate drivers included.

I downloaded an MMC Reader Driver off SonyEricsson(www.sonyericsson.co.uk) Support site and that combined with the supplied reader drivers got it working right. Though you can probably get this driver off Microsoft too.

Now looks like I have 7 drives on My Computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I am not really up to date with all these gadgets but what is the difference between a memory card reader and a bluetooth adapter. I know one that the bluetooth adapter is attached to the phone and the memory card reader only takes the card but what can each one do that the other one can't?

All I want to do is transfer files to my phone so what would you recommend getting?

Cheers.

DW, I would never have thought of Ebay without your advice and I have just won this MMC reader for £2.99. :D

The buyer seems to be selling loads of them and the auctions are all starting at £2.99 with nobody bidding for them (how is he selling them for so cheap?).

• Advertisement

Bad news dude, thats a Compact Flash reader/writer.

It doesnt do MMC... :( Only Compact Flash, a different type of flash memory card!

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    Bad news dude, thats a Compact Flash reader/writer.

It doesnt do MMC... :( Only Compact Flash, a different type of flash memory card!
    Thanks a lot mate! I was actually on the Paypal page about to type in my credit card details when you sent this, I owe you one! I e-mailed the seller and told him the situation but I don't think he will be really bothered as he is selling a lot more valuable items.

I used "buy it now" on a 8 in 1 memory card reader and I got it for £5.99 (+£3.99 p+p). Please tell me if I can use this with the 6600:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2978962463&ed=1074041976000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:UK:3

Cheers!

That one should do you fine. There is no question/need for it to be compatible with the 6600. The compatibility issue is whether the type of card used by the 6600 is supported by that reader/writer.

You said it was an MMC that the 6600 uses, therefore you are fine.

Regards not paying for that item - seller will not be happy, regardless of the price. Because he/she has to pay fees to Ebay whether you pay or not and its only a simple click for them to give you a black mark as a Non-Paying Bidder - 3of these and you/your address/credit card get banned from Ebay afaik! Besides which, even with only one, a lot of sellers will be reluctant to deal with you...

I found this out when I bid accidentally in an auction without checking that it accepted PayPal(i was tired, it was only a £3 item w/£2shipping and every other item returned by my search had PayPal so I stupidly didnt check). Ended up just whackin €10 note in the post pay for it and avoid the hasle. Came out ok, even got a Positive feedback, tho he mentioned the mixup in the comment.

May be worth your while following through on it, get it here, and then sell it to a mate with a digicam that uses Compact Flash cards - wont cost you anything that way but will keep you with a clean sheet on Ebay.

Thanks Faltermyer. The seller replied and to my e-mail and he even gave me a positive feedback on ebay, very nice of him.

If you or anyone else knows the answer to this I would really appreciate if you could tell me. If there is an item priced £150 and I put a maximum bid of £200 but the current price only goes to £155. If the prices stay like this at the end of the auction do I pay the £200 or the £155?

Cheers.

Only the £155.

Each time someone bids over your current bid amount, Ebay automatically increments your bid in set amounts up to your max bid (... and then the seller if he/she is not happy with the price uses another username to outbid you, and puts the item up for sale again the next week! Sometimes anyway!... hence why I stick to Buy-It-Now options! ;) )

• Advertisement

I am really getting some great bargains on Ebay (can't wait for the CC Bill :( ). I just got this 256Mb MMC for €57 (+€9 P+P). I don't know if it is good quality but reading through the sellers previous auctions for the 256MMC's I definitely got a bargain.

So that is €80 (inc. P+P) for the MMC and an 8 in 1 reader, now all I need is the bloody phone!:D I should get a brand new 6600 for about €375 on Ebay and I have been really close to getting one on a few occasions.

BTW - for those of you who never heard of Auction Sniper, it is a eBay sniper that bids for you in the dying seconds (ie. last 5 seconds) of an auction. You just put in your maximum bid and it will bid for you. My maximum bid for the MMC was $75 so I am an extra $5 richer than planned. ;)

Advertisement