Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn via Modem!

Options
  • 14-03-2000 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Right,

Ive ISDN ok. Ive got an ZyXel Omni-LCDm Terminal Adapter. I normally dial Eircom to get isdn connects.

So, I got a 56k modem, Stuck it on my pc. I connected it up to my Pots (phone connection on my TA) and dialed Eircom. I got clean connects with 90/100 ping on q3. Now, I'm gonna sign up for Esat or IOL no-limits and see how I get on.

Nice dloads and no packet loss, plus 20 quid a month no-limits. Sweet or what..

I'll switch back to isdn for those important games and downloads smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Does it connect at the full 56k Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Very little advantage to be gained unless it works with SNL, which we all hope it will.

Get back to us when you've tryed it Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I had my Eicon Diva Pro TA connect to esat in Analog modem mode. I applied for SNL but the account never seemed to work properly. It always told me that I wasnt registered, click here to see if your account is ready bull****. So after paying 2 bills and not getting the benifits of just paying 17/month I was still paying my normal phone bill(don't ask its alot) as well as the £17 fos SNL which wasnt working. Fuc k that is what I said. Hope you have better luck MP.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

*Cough* Lucky Bas

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
Advertisement