Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoiled Brats!

Options
  • 13-01-2004 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

You can always tell how close someone got to the truth when the Bush regime throws a hissy fit.
    Contrast that with how long it took Asscroft to even start an investigation of the outing of Valerie Palme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm just amazed that they still put 'Iraq' and 'September 11th' in the same paragraph.
    And even more amazed that the common American citizen still laps it up.

When was the last big Iraqi terrorist threat on U.S. soil?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

Originally posted by Kananga
    I'm just amazed that they still put 'Iraq' and 'September 11th' in the same paragraph.
    And even more amazed that the common American citizen still laps it up.

Well you are talking about the nation who still put "American" and "Intelligence" in the same paragraph. :D
    When was the last big Iraqi terrorist threat on U.S. soil?
    Today - U.S. Chopper Shot Down West of Baghdad

Let's face it, it may not be flying Old Glory, but Iraq is currently U.S. soil. Whether the world likes it or not. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by uaobrien
    Well you are talking about the nation who still put "American" and "Intelligence" in the same paragraph. :D

[COMEBACK]At least we know what a thermostat is. :D[/COMEBACK]

Originally posted by sovtek
    [COMEBACK]At least we know what a thermostat is. :D[/COMEBACK]

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Let's face it, it may not be flying Old Glory, but Iraq is currently U.S. soil.
    Legally, no. It is occupied territory and has to be given back (save as agreed in a treaty). As one commentator put it - "it's like house-sitting you can eat the food in the fridge, but you can't sell the house".

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Victor
    Legally, no. It is occupied territory and has to be given back (save as agreed in a treaty). As one commentator put it - "it's like house-sitting you can eat the food in the fridge, but you can't sell the house".

Yeah but most house sitters don't spend a lot of time tracking down the guy with his name on the deeds so they can throw him in jail indefinitely while they house sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Yeah but most house sitters don't spend a lot of time tracking down the guy with his name on the deeds so they can throw him in jail indefinitely while they house sit.
    Mmmph.

<cough>Pacific Heights</cough>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Originally posted by Victor

Except that in this case you broke in the house - explaining that you'd heard the owner had a gun and was planning some kind of crazy killing spree. On searching the house you found no gun, and explained that you'd had to break in anyway because the dad was beating his kids, and you also had to stay in the house to teach the kids a normal life that doesn't involve beating. However several of the neighbours believe it's all a big lie and you really broke in to steal the guy's beer. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't - I don't really care right now, I'm just interested in pursuing this analogy for its entertainment value :D

Originally posted by Zaphod B
    Except that in this case you broke in the house - explaining that you'd heard the owner had a gun and was planning some kind of crazy killing spree. On searching the house you found no gun, and explained that you'd had to break in anyway because the dad was beating his kids, and you also had to stay in the house to teach the kids a normal life that doesn't involve beating. However several of the neighbours believe it's all a big lie and you really broke in to steal the guy's beer. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't - I don't really care right now, I'm just interested in pursuing this analogy for its entertainment value :D

Legendary analogy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

Originally posted by Zaphod B
    Add a couple of airline carriers to that analogy and i'd says its pretty accurate :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement