Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ability To Clear Stars From The Subscribed Forum List (Whineing)

• 13-01-2004 1:07pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one this...
    Seeing as my access has generally been restricted to Net Cafe's, I've rigged my preferences to accomodate a LOT of subscribed forums, and generally ONLY visit those. Now, I log in and check for the ones with that nice little star at the side and think, "WHEY, looks like there's activity HERE, I think I'll check it and maybe I'll make a post or two" and it's generally one or two threads that I'd really take any interest to. Now, say I've finished that, or created my own threads and am eager to see what people will say, I leave said forum and browse around the others, but of course that DAMN little star will NOT go away despite the fact that I've visited the forum because certain other uninteresting threads haven't been checked by myself, and even then, just posting to a relatively dead forum will cause a star to appear and won't go away, despite the fact that I was the one who posted there and no-body has even visited.

Basically, in short, I'm hoping that there could be an option which would allow one to 'clear' the stars from their subscribed forum list so that when new posts / threads are created they'd be easily detected and can be visited... After all, they've been subscribed to for a reason, and it never helps when that handy little list gets congested by immortal stars created through the birth of your own threads / posts...

They just DON'T seem to go away unless you log out and back in with which it'll basically put a star next to the ones that have been posted to since you've logged out, but I doubt anyone would want to log out just to get a clearer view of their subscribed forums list.

This isn't anything major really, just thought I'd post about it seeing as it's been causing a miniscule itch in my boards.ie scrotum from time to time, especially now that my access has been limited to short net cafe visits whenever I'm in town.

Any suggestions!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That itch may bother you for a while longer ;)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Damnit - Ah well...
    Was just a selfish idea :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Have you tried clicking the 'Mark this forum as read' link under the 'New thread' icon on the forum display page.

There's something somewhere to mark all forums read too I think.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

To be perfectly honest I never knew it even existed - But if it does what I think it does, then it'll be absolutely perfect...

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Another smack on the forehead for me.

Advertisement