Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[merged] Saha will join Man Utd - Agent

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd rather Vieri tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'd say he will be there at the end of the transfer window. Utd have the cash and Fulham are blound to sell sometime. And the agent is stirring it up all the time.

I wonder will Fulham be inclined to let Steed Malbranque go at the end of the season if Liverpool come in for him. Such a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not a bad buy to play along side Ruud but if they want to be challenging for the Champions League I think they need to raise there standards a little Vieri would be a better buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

How old is Vieri now????

Saha looks excellent in the air and on the ground...no Henry or RVN but he is looking very very good.

In his 30's i'd imagine, as I said its not that he would be a bad buy, but does he have the class to help a team win the Champions League???

• Advertisement

I think he would be good enough. I can see him really developing into a RVN type player if he comes...

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    I think he would be good enough. I can see him really developing into a RVN type player if he comes...

Maybe in time but I can't see it myself, Beatie would be my Choice after Henry if I was thinking of buying a Striker playing in the Premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fulham apparently want 15m for saha , I can,t see united spend that type of money on him. Vieri is too old and is not the force he once was. On footballing terms i would like to see Anelka but I,m not sure how fergie would take his temprement. Knoute is another possibility who may be available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

if he's going he will cost the region of 15 million at least

fulham will not leave him go for less especially since its half way through the season
    would be a good but to partner ruud but that would mean an extra player on the bench for the likes of ronaldo, forlan, dejmba dejmba

• Advertisement

Beatie ahead of Owen? Ahead of Anelka? Mutu?

10million and its a done deal in my opinion...anymore and thats a waist.

Beatie ahead of Owen? Ahead of Anelka? Mutu?

Without question, class act only RVN and Henry are better.

But hey thats opinion and wtf do I know?

Rumour has it that they've already turned down a 10m bid.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Shearer is better than Beattie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

how about henry:D as for kaids, shearer is pushing on a bit!!! he is still dangerous but does he have many more seasons left in him?

He's still more than dangerous, he's lethal... 17 goals in the prem this season so far?

Wonder if he'd be more highly rated if he was scoring that many goals at a different team...

well shearer is unsellable as he is getting old now and next season may be his last

imo the top ten forwards in english football at the mo based on this seasons form

1:henry
    2:ruud
    3:shearer
    4:saha
    5:mutu(been off the boil lately but he is magic!)
    6:angel
    7: owen
    8:beatite
    9:keane
    10:smith

saha would be the best but imo for united but it will hurt them in their pockets!

1:henry
    2:ruud
    3:Beatie
    4:Shearer
    5:Owen
    6:Mutu
    7:Angel
    8:Saha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

thats fair enough but if owen was not missin for the last two months
    he wud have bagged a brace now

• Advertisement

It's alot of money to pay for someone who has no experience in the Champions League and has only produced recently. We need someone of proven quality that can produce in the Champions League like Vieri. No matter what his age is. Maybe even Kezman or Robben or someone.

kezman is cup tied though...

I think Saha would be a great addition.

yeah saha is just the player ruud needs up front with him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

1:ruud
    2:henry
    3:shearer
    4:crespo
    5:Owen
    6:saha
    7:Angel
    8:Beattie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

1. Henry
    2. Van The Man
    3. Shearer
    4. Owen
    6. Beattie
    5. Anelka
    7. J.F. Hasslebank
    8. Angel
    9. Saha
    10. Keane

1 RVN
    2 Henry
    3 Owen
    4 Shearer
    5 Anelka
    6 Beatie
    7 Angel
    8 Smith
    9 Mutu
    10 Keane

A fit Robbbie Fowler (showing signs of recovering his old form lately) would be very near the top as would an OGS if he showed the form of a few years ago.

89 Forlan on Sundays performance to be fair to him he has had the odd good game.

1. Henry
    2. Shearer
    3. Van Nistelrooy
    4. Owen
    5. Anelka
    6. Saha
    7. Beattie
    8. Angel
    9. Crespo
    10. Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Saha would be a great addition and it would be a great partnership between himself and ruud if he played well. I dont think they should pay more than 10 million for saha . I would love to see him at united but how much will Coleman let him go for? If he does join I hope he doesnt turn out to be another veron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

1. Henry
    2. Van Nistelrooy
    3. Owen
    4. Beattie
    5. Shearer
    6. Saha
    7. Beattie
    8. Angel
    9. Crespo
    10. Keane

phenom brillaint sig, I'd forgotten he'd said that. Classic.

• Advertisement

fulham have accepted a bit of 9.8million from united!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Interestingly, both clubs have denied this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Theres a lot of hype over saha. Just cos he scored a few goals. he doesnt even play regular football for his country.

Interesting all right , that probably means that the move is imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

His country happens to have Henry, Trezegeut, Zidane, Anelka etc.
    I dont think thats a huge shame, very difficult side to get in i'd imagine.. I know who my first 2 would be, never know Henry wasn't exactly no 1 when he came to Arsenal was he?

Remains to be seen wheater he will move anyhow, my guess is united will move on if fulham reject another bid....cant see coleman letting him go for less than 12-15

john

Henry was a winger when he came to arsenal.

<Edit> Never played for france link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Maybe he should be given a chance....France didnt set the world on fire in Japan, as i said i reckon its a very difficult squad to get into, nevermind playing every game.

Can see him progressing if he gets a move to a bigger club anyhow...

This deal seems to be on and off like a whores nickers.

I think Saha's agent is trying to force it, and who'd blaim him sure hs commission on 10 million would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

Beckham!!

Originally posted by johnor
    Maybe he should be given a chance....France didnt set the world on fire in Japan, as i said i reckon its a very difficult squad to get into, nevermind playing every game.

I only said "Play regular football for his country" cos i wasnt sure if he was actually in the squad. Which i know now hes not. Hes 26 BTW and only played one game at U21 level:confused:

he is 25 isn't he?

• Advertisement

he is 25 isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

10million and its a done deal in my opinion...anymore and thats a waist.

More than 10 million is a waste,the only reason people think he is great is cause he has scored goals his season,but how do you know if he is going to be consistent.

Would you or anybody wanted to sign him last year?????

Originally posted by Henry_14
    I only said "Play regular football for his country" cos i wasnt sure if he was actually in the squad. Which i know now hes not. Hes 26 BTW and only played one game at U21 level:confused:

Could he play for Mali then :)

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Could he play for Mali then :)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I would be surprised if they sell Saha during the transfer window, Coleman has said he will not be bullied into the sale and I think it has become a matter of principal to him. The club have said no to three offers already from United and unless united throw fifteen million at the club I'm sure he will stay. Interestingly Chelsea have also been linked with the player, Crespo is out for a few weeks and they want a replacement. Or maybe they are just trying to block a title rival from getting their main target?

I’m hoping Fulham hold him during the window because if they make it into to Europe next season, there is a good chance he will stay with the club.

18 million seems to be the figure that most agree on (prob drop down to 15m) way over priced imo but utd may be drawn into a transfer battle with chealsea and time is running out

to be honest it looks like roman A is trying to get one up at utd here, they have 4 class strikers and no need for another bench warmer

here

Originally posted by jank

to be honest it looks like roman A is trying to get one up at utd here, they have 4 class strikers and no need for another bench warmer

here

And of all of their strikers, their top scorer in the premiership plays for Birmingham.

well thats rotation for yea

crespo hasnt really been sharp yet and may take longer to settle than expected at first

mutu has been low of confidence recently but will score more often now imo
    jimmy is a great player too and scores when he gets the chance.
    Eidur Gudjohnsen isnt that bad either
    any of those four would walk into most premiership teams

in chelsea loads of players chip in with the goals. they have 40 this season so far which is joint second highest
    no bad imo

Originally posted by jank
    18 million seems to be the figure that most agree on (prob drop down to 15m) way over priced imo but utd may be drawn into a transfer battle with chealsea and time is running out

here
    Anything over 7 to 8 million is too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement