Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[merged] Saha will join Man Utd - Agent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Anything over 7 to 8 million is too much.

I,d let Chelsea have him at anything over 10M and then buy smith or vaduak on the cheap in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

It could be a ruse maybe Fergie is going for Vieri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ha, 18million for a non-international player who's with a mid-table side! what a joke. fergie wont pay that for him. anything over 10/12 is ridiculous.

from what i can see fulham are being greedy, utd bid 8m, then it was pushed up to 10m, now 18m?! fulham are pushing their luck, their valuing him the same as van nistelrooy????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

thats the problem with utd
    everybody knows they are loaded so when a club gets a bid from them they up the price again and again playing dumb but fulham are really trying to be cute businessmen here

remember the ronaldihino transfer saga, the price kept going up and up and up
    he eventually went to barca for 24 odd million (not sure of the exact figure here)
    PSG were laughing all the way to the bank there and there was egg left on utd's face

18million is stupid money but utd have payed more for far less
    veron ,rio , forlan even a young C ronaldo 12-13 million is way too much for a unproven teenager

3 million for bellion who couldnt get his game with sunderland!!:eek:
    its their money i suppose but they could spend it wiser

anyway fulham might drop their price to around 15 million but as far as im concerned thier better off looking abroad if they want to bring someone in, cup tied or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

It's not fair to accuse Fulham of being greedy because Fulham are not demanding prices, they don't want to sell so it's up to United to test their resolve, Fulham are not haggling or playing hardball they don't want to sell it's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

its their money i suppose but they could spend it wiser

<sarcasm> I want you to be the financial assistant for man utd and to give the go ahead on what money goes towards who for what price. <end sarcasm>

We are not getting ripped off. Its the price you pay for quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Originally posted by jank
    C ronaldo 12-13 million is way too much for a unproven teenager

unproven? did you watch the World Youth Championship? it was obvious then that he was a steal for any scouters. he brought Portugal all the way and has been consistent with his form at Utd. if he loses the empahsis on the hair, he'll be better. he's like a pre-beckham now, instead of pre-madonna.

Saha's stuck in a bollox position. he made clear he wanted to go. so now he'll be treated like a traitor anytime he misses the target for fulham or has a bad game. shame on Utd and Saha's Agent. tought **** if u want him. the club isn't letting him go. u shouldn't go bullying your way around. that's exactly why Rio was banned for 8months, because A. F. didn't give a rat's ass for decency and made Rio play.

But Saha wants to leave...so they should try get him to leave because not only are they making themselves look bad by not letting him go, they are discouraging any players from joining them because if they become good and bigger clubs want them, they wont sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

but it's ****e like this that makes England only have 3major clubs (Man Utd. Arsenal and Chelsea/Lpool). If Saha or any other player stays and commits, then who says Fulham won't BECOME and big club?
    look at Italy, they have Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio.
    Parma were getting big with Buffon and Thuram, but then got plundered, and are still small. i think this is a watershed in the battle between big-dominance, to becoming a big player.

• Advertisement

who says Fulham won't BECOME and big club?

Fulham already are a big club in terms of finance...

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

We are not getting ripped off. Its the price you pay for quality.

quality it may be but 31m for Rio while Fabio Cannavaro and Alessandro Nesta
    cost 14.5m and 19m respectively and they are far superior defenders imo
    7m too for forlan who aint quality

Rio is so young and is looking sensational these days.

Forlan is also a nice player to have on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pay whatever for him, just sign him !! Its not like we cant afford him, still anoyed at the fact the board was to scabby to shell out the money for Duff

I am still annoyed we didnt get Ronaldinho...what a buy he would have been.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Rio is so young and is looking sensational these days.

Forlan is also a nice player to have on the side.
    lol 37 million for the pair of them, they'd want to be more than young (and sensational, but banned for 8 months) and nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

7 million for Forlan is still better Value than 11.5 for WilTurd at Arsenal or 11 for Heskey and 10 for Duff Hadji at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

On the Bellion thing, Utd originally thought they'd get him on a Bosman but the tribunal made them pay Sunderland compensation so that couldn't have been predicted. Still he could turn out to be a decent enough player given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah bellion looks like a handy player to have around

yeah bellion looks like a handy player to have around

Agree he has the makings of a very good player.

Originally posted by kida
    7 million for Forlan is still better Value than 11.5 for WilTurd at Arsenal or 11 for Heskey and 10 for Duff Hadji at Liverpool.

partly agree with that wiltord has his moments(49 goals so far for arsenal), his goal against Man u at OT 2 seasons ago will go down in arsenal folklore but of late he hasnt produced the goods and to be honest id like to see the back of him

he is a good player but was never able to settle into a position that henry really made his own. However he always seems to play well enough for france. Expect to see him back at PSG next season

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kida
    Aye, Forlan's excellent start at Man Utd makes that impossible to argue against!

He still has scored more than Diouf, who at least people knew when he came and were expecting big things from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Diouf is'nt a striker

He was bought as a striker. Just turned out to be so crap he was moved to midfield, IMO he is not much better there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Nope, that doesn't bother me at all. He never really wanted to come to United - if he did then we would have gotten him on our terms.

I only really want to see players who want to come to the club playing for us. Duff would have fit the bill, the way he held out on signing for Chelsea was a real sign that he wanted United to come in and bid for him IMO. Saha wants to come to United and prove himself - these are the sort of players that do well at OT.

I only really want to see players who want to come to the club playing for us. Duff would have fit the bill, the way he held out on signing for Chelsea was a real sign that he wanted United to come in and bid for him IMO. Saha wants to come to United and prove himself - these are the sort of players that do well at OT.

Thats the spirit that makes United the team they are. Ronaldinho is hardly setting the world alight since his move and United are doing fine without him.

ye but Ronaldinho is a God. He is my favourite player in the world along with Ronaldo(the real one :) )

I can see Kaka turning into my third favourite pretty soon actually...

But i understand what you mean by saying how its clear Saha wants to come to Utd and play...he has said each day this week i think which is a good sign that he will really really try hard if he comes.

ye but Ronaldinho is a God. He is my favourite player in the world along with Ronaldo(the real one :) )

He would have become an even better player under Fergie at United. He could have been challanging for domestic and european honours. He took the cash though and now he's in a team in 7th place in Spain, 16 points off the top. I hope he's enjoying the UEFA Cup this year 'cause that's where Barca will be playing next year too.

Barca will be back up there soon enough. They've got the players, they just need a clue. As for Ronaldinho, if anyone can push Barca back up there it's him. From what i've seen they love him over there.

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Diouf is'nt a striker

True, but once upon a time before he signed for Liverpool he was, now hes just some guy with a funny name on the team sheet who cleans them of a couple of thousand quid every week.

Also I don't really rate Ronaldinho. Apart from the goal vs England (which may well have been a fluke!) what has he ever done apart from a few nice flicks here and there?

Joe Cole did that at West Ham and they loved him but hes hardly Pele now is he/

• Advertisement

Also I don't really rate Ronaldinho. Apart from the goal vs England (which may well have been a fluke!) what has he ever done apart from a few nice flicks here and there?

He helped bring Brazil to glory. Hes playing brilliantly for Barcelona. He scored possibly the best goal of this season againt Sevilla a few months ago. Ran from the half way line and shot from about 35 yards out BANG into the top corner. Hes an unbelieveable player and hes amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Barca have the ability, and they'll be back up there

Ronaldinho is one of the most creative, skilful attacking midfielders there is, bested only by Zidane I think.
    And hes only bloody 24!!!!

Compare him to Forlan :)

Then they Saviola, he's 22 and easily commands a presence in argentinas first team.
    Then with a bit of age you got Kliuvert and Overmars, what more do ya want :)

Originally posted by PHB
    Barca have the ability, and they'll be back up there

Ronaldinho is one of the most creative, skilful attacking midfielders there is, bested only by Zidane I think.
    And hes only bloody 24!!!!

Compare him to Forlan :)

Then they Saviola, he's 22 and easily commands a presence in argentinas first team.
    Then with a bit of age you got Kliuvert and Overmars, what more do ya want :)

Well, Forlan's a striker so it's hard to compare - but if I did then I'd say that he's only (bloody) 24 too and cost less than Ronaldinho. :)

Can't argue with your opinion, each to their own but I'd want Paul Scholes in an attacking midfield role if I ran a team (yeah, right!) before Ronaldinho tbh.

If I was a Barca fan I'd want them to be at least challenging for the domestic league. They seem to have been left way behind by Real and overtaken by others.

Sorry I just think Ronaldinho is over-rated. Hes a good player yeah but not worth 24 million or in the same bracket as Zidane or Scholes imo

Have any of you even seen him play recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

the last time i saw barca play he was on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

He is no where as good as scholes zidane and nedved

I think he is class. he was on Barcas bench because he was recovering from an injury. He was out for about a month and a half. The fans love him and he is pure class. So quick, strong and skillful. My god, the best attacking midfielder in the world with Zidane(no pace but full of technique and skill) and Scholes(no pace but still has unbelieveable movement and touches) not far behind.

on his day he can be better than anyone - them days don't happen very often though. In soem games he can be anonymous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

United did'nt need him

He's way over rated and is'nt worth 15million let alone 24

What club would want a player who was requesting a helicopter down and back to London every weekend

Man that player is worth 30 million. I guarantee you this guy is going to break records. he is pure class....i would love to be him even though he is as ugly as a badgers arse! Hes such a good footballer but i would prefer to be Ronaldo obviously...

All he does is stay around mid-feild doing nothing just jogging on the spot might make a run every so often

Originally posted by kmart6
    All he does is stay around mid-feild doing nothing just jogging on the spot might make a run every so often

dont talk **** man...

hes the best player for Barca this season. Top goalscorer too.

Yes but its not hard to be Barca's best player in all honesty

700th POST YYYYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

700th POST YYYYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: Are you syill celebrating you 10th birthday as well ???:D

Tinky

• Advertisement

Ya cheeky little ............

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Sorry people but Defoe is the player for Utd.Class player and sice he is still very young he will fit perfectly into Fergie's team of the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The last time I saw Ronaldinho he wasn't playing in The CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

But Walrus Boy is a superb player has got skill range and pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Walrus,who is he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement