Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[merged] Saha will join Man Utd - Agent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Yup they luv Ronaldinho but 2nd fav plyr in world..NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    Sorry people but Defoe is the player for Utd.Class player and sice he is still very young he will fit perfectly into Fergie's team of the future.

Defoe is a decent enough player in my opinion but still remains untested at the highest level. I'm all for building a strong squad for the future but shouldn't Ferguson think of the future a bit too? especially during the january transfer window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Defoe gas got sent of three times I think so far this season,bit hot headed if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A deal has been agreed in principle with Fulham: signing later in week.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,48-1119751,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1119751,00.html
    Manchester United have confirmed they have reached an agreement in principle with Fulham for the transfer of French striker Louis Saha.

The deal, which is subject to a number of conditions by The Cottagers, is expected to be concluded next week, with the hit-man set to make his Red Devils debut against Southampton.

Saha is cup-tied, having featured against Cheltenham Town in the third round of the FA Cup, and will be unavailable for selection against Northampton in fourth round, but should be available for Sir Alex Ferguson for the visit of The Saints on January 31.

United's goal-scoring problems have been high-lighted in recent weeks, after the side failed to score in their recent home clash against Newcastle United and defeat to Wolves on Saturday.

"Manchester United can confirm that they have reached agreement in principle with Fulham Football Club for the transfer of registration of Louis Saha, but this is subject to a number of conditions," United said in a statement.

"Manchester United expects these conditions to be resolved within the next week and will make a further announcement on completion."
    He'll be another flop IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

how much do you think he went for??

fulham were asking for 18million
    so i guess it is under that

my inital guess would be around hmmmm lets say 12-13million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He'll be another flop IMHO.

Thats why they baught him. :)

I hope OLE is not part of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

why would fulham sell one of their best players ?.....and why would united by him with their money surely they could of gotten a more proven player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The problem is the really top quality strikers would be ineligable as they would have played for their clubs in the CL.
    Saha has really only sparkled this season:

This will work 2 ways

could be a flop
    may not be and may suprise a few ppl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I hope the conditions dont include a swap for Ole. It would make sense to make Butt a part of the deal as there does not seem to be any definite news on where he's going. I doubt if they offered any more than 10M for him. If they didn't let him leave he would have been hard to control and motivate for the rest of the season so I think they made the best of a bad situation. The chelsea rumors were just that - media sh!t stirring !

Great news for United, look forward to seeing him upfront with Ruud.

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i though man u ruled out a part exchange for butt and just wanted 5 million for him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I doubt he will be paired up front with RVN (although I could be very wrong here) as I see him as the same sort of player as horse-face. They both relish the lone striker role. I'd say Fergie's thinking is that he can play Saha and rely on him for goals (as he has proved in the EPL) and also rest RVN at the same time so he is as sharp as he can be. I've seen RVN lately and he isn't the sharpest. Maybe he needs a rest.

Anyway I think that Saha will continue to play well this season but I don't know how long it will last after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

just proves that if you bitch and moan enough you will get what You want:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by smiaras
    Why is almost every united transfer such a long drawn out affair that inevitably comes under huge public scrutiny. This 'dirty tricks' campaign against United is getting a little out of hand.

ya wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It makes sense for all concerned, no point if having a moaning star striker on your books if you can have 10 mill instead. I wonder how long this has been agreed and if Coleman has been looking for a replacement the whole time...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Coleman probably wanted to see how much money he could get out of united for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

mike65 It makes sense for all concerned, no point if having a moaning star striker on your books if you can have 10 mill instead. I wonder how long this has been agreed and if Coleman has been looking for a replacement the whole time...

your spot on there...10 million should nt be paid for a moanin c**t like that anyway no matter if it was Zidane...they cant strenghten the team..he ll get some reception when he returns to Fulham

I dunno i think Saha is different to Van Nistelrooy. Hes fast compared to Van Nistelrooy so could give a new kinda dimension who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Ha what a waste of money. Fergie must be losing his marbles paying 10mill + for Saha. He's having a good season but only by the poor standards he has set himself. Could have gotten some players abroad with twice his abilty for the same price. Good luck trying to win the league now Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Saha is a second striker. If Van get's injured what happens in the Champions League. He is one of the best players availible to play in the champions league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by smuckers
    Saha has really only sparkled this season:

This will work 2 ways

could be a flop
    may not be and may suprise a few ppl.

good insight there man...he will either be a flop or not. :rolleyes:

I think he will be great for Man Utd...can really see him and van nist pairing up well

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Ha what a waste of money. Fergie must be losing his marbles paying 10mill + for Saha. He's having a good season but only by the poor standards he has set himself. Could have gotten some players abroad with twice his abilty for the same price. Good luck trying to win the league now Fergie.

you sure know what your talking about...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    you sure know what your talking about...:rolleyes:

actually he could be right

this deal only indicates that the current side are not up to task to win the premership and the champs league. he is having a good season saha but europe is a different kettle of fish altogether and to be honest he is anything but a bargin and it could turn out to be closer to 15 million as of from now no fee has been disclosed

didnt crespo cost 16 million and mutu even less.
    Now that is a good deal.

Yeah but Saha is already settled in England. Crespo has hardly set the Premiership on fire yet as hes only really settling in and Mutu, while he has been impressive, hasn't scored too many. At least Saha shouldn't take too long to settle. No language to learn etc etc. Its a quick decision to plug a problem area for Utd and it may/may not work.

I think he'll do well. The service at Utd will be a lot better than that at Fulham so if he even puts half his chances away he should reach double figures by the end of the season with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Seems like it's a done deal - £12 million

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040119/323/ejqwa.html

I dont think he is right Jank.

He is basically saying fergie is an idiot.
    Could have gotten some players abroad with twice his abilty for the same price. Good luck trying to win the league now Fergie.

I mean is he a footballing scout or something? Do you not think if this was the case(which most certainly isnt in my opinion) something would not be done about it regardless if they were cup tied or not? ferguson may have bought taibi who was **** but he is a tactical genius and knows everything about the game on the pitch and off it.

I said this before and ill say it again, i think he will be brilliant for Utd.

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    [B he is a tactical genius and knows everything about the game on the pitch and off it. [/B]

granted fergie is a great great manager but he has cocked it up sometimes
    as being a tactical genius...well he's not(its actually one of his weaker points) and he has continually shown his tactical failings where it mattered most in europe
    utd are the biggest and richest club in the world yet one win in 11 isnt great at all

he has an undeniable hunger to win that spawns out into the players but him being a god like figure and knowing everything about the game is a step too far imo

he is great but not a god

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Saha wouldn't be the first striker on my list but here's hoping he does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by James R
    Sorry I just think Ronaldinho is over-rated. Hes a good player yeah but not worth 24 million or in the same bracket as Zidane or Scholes imo

But Ferdinand is worth 30 million right??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

United buying up newcastle rejects...whatever next...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by irish1
    But Ferdinand is worth 30 million right??;)
    He hasn't done bad at all this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you count being culpable for a few goals in Europe, generally playing poorly, and then getting banned for eight months for 'forgetting' about a drugs test, as not doing bad, what exactly would be a bad season?

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    If you count being culpable for a few goals in Europe, generally playing poorly, and then getting banned for eight months for 'forgetting' about a drugs test, as not doing bad, what exactly would be a bad season?

Have you seem him play much this season? There's no way you could describe his him as 'generally playing poorly' if you had.

ROFL

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I really think Saha has been overpriced here but then again Utd seem to be overcharged a fair bit because they have so much money. Ferdinand was overpriced and no matter what he does he will never be worth that much money. 20m tops. He has played the best football of his career since getting the ban. As well as Rio, Fergie was overcharged for Ronaldo. Liverpool had reportedly had a bid in the region of 6 million accepted for him but Liverpool stalled on the deal. There were other clubs that offered the same amount but once Utd came into the deal, suddenly he's worth 12.5 million. Madness is a word that springs to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by jonno
    I really think Saha has been overpriced here but then again Utd seem to be overcharged a fair bit because they have so much money. Ferdinand was overpriced and no matter what he does he will never be worth that much money. 20m tops. He has played the best football of his career since getting the ban. As well as Rio, Fergie was overcharged for Ronaldo. Liverpool had reportedly had a bid in the region of 6 million accepted for him but Liverpool stalled on the deal. There were other clubs that offered the same amount but once Utd came into the deal, suddenly he's worth 12.5 million. Madness is a word that springs to mind

True.

Fergie's fault though. Well i supose not. Other clubs see how much they have got to spend and well "milk" them. However this milk is in the millions and is'nt milk at all(rant sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by SteM
    Have you seem him play much this season? There's no way you could describe his him as 'generally playing poorly' if you had.

Indeed I have seen him play a fair bit and was distinctly unimpressed. We all know he wasn't worth the money United paid for him, but his performances have been average at best, in most cases. Name me a game where he played a blinder.

I agree that no player is worth 30 mill but people seem to hold the fee against him. He didn't agree that fee Leeds and MU did.

Defenders very rarely play 'blinders' so I'm not going to name a match - people hardly ever remember what a centre back does unless he screws up or clears off the line.

Ferdinand's worst match I saw this season was v Stuttgart but most other times I've seen him he's been solid. His performances have certainly improved since the Stuttgart match in September.

They've got the second best defense in the Premiership and he's been an ever present in it so he must be doing something right.

• Advertisement

They've got the second best defense in the Premiership and he's been an ever present in it so he must be doing something right.

I didn't mean to open a can of worms but anyway...

He peforms pretty much the same as a lot of center defenders in the premiership so I wouldn't rate him at 30 million or anywhere near it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I agree that no player is worth 30 mill but people seem to hold the fee against him. He didn't agree that fee Leeds and MU did.

Defenders very rarely play 'blinders' so I'm not going to name a match - people hardly ever remember what a centre back does unless he screws up or clears off the line.

Ferdinand's worst match I saw this season was v Stuttgart but most other times I've seen him he's been solid. His performances have certainly improved since the Stuttgart match in September.

I have to admit that I am one of the people who hold the 30mil price tag against him and I thought he was a great defender for Leeds. I don't know what made me turn against him but it is just something that happened the same way a lot of people don't like Beckham, RVN, C. Ronaldo, etc. They play/ed for United.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Name me a game where he played a blinder.

Middlesborough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

No player is worth 30M but that was his market value when he was purchased. The year united got rid of Japp Stam they didn't win anything. Rio comes the next year and they win the premiership.This season with him in the team United are doing well. How much is that worth in revenue? It will be intersting to see how they fare for the rest of the season without him. I hope I,m wrong but we might be very aware of his true worth to united by the end of this season.

lol yea 30 million for rio when the transfer market was good at the time
    unfortunately around a months time the transfer market collapsed!!

how much would he be worth now 10million or so imo

Originally posted by The Muppet
    This season with him in the team United are doing well.

Shame he's gone for the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

he is going to appeal about the ban not much hope of it coming through

Originally posted by phenom
    he is going to appeal about the ban not much hope of it coming through

Yeh but it COULD be brought down to four months or it COULD be extended to the maximum of TWO YEARS

My money's on it being extended to a year

• Advertisement

Yeh doubt they will reduce it cause FIFA will only intervin then

Advertisement