Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renting Sports Cars in Germany for high speed driving on the AutoBahn

Options
  • 13-01-2004 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Has anyone done this? If so, how much does it cost? I'm going to Frankfurt next week on business and I was thinking of renting a car for a few days.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Be careful where you're speeding as well as afaik not all the motorways have no speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

And bear mind that hi speed Autobahn driving is very dangerous. I've clocked a fair few mile on them and they still can give me the ****s. You've got cars and trucks going at anything between 60 and 160mph. You ned to be on top of your game to play in that league:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Also at speeds over a certain level, you are automatically deemed to be 25% responsible for accidents, even if you were completely blameless

Might need to check out the details cause I'm a bit rusty on this one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

kbannon - Any idea how much this would cost for 1 day in maybe a 330i?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

here ya go!

Gute Fahrt!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Dieses website ist sehr gut.
    Das 530D reizt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

My friend let loose on the autobahn in an unrestricted cl 55 amg! It's around E80/day for a 911 not sure what spec 911 it is.

Word of warning: Everyone who will have driven a fast car before you will have had the same idea so be CAREFUL. Ask to check the tyres before you take it out as they will have severe wear if they were driven very fast - a blowout at 190mph isn;t advisable. Also make sure they give you a decent spare wheel, not one that you can't drive with at over 50mph. Other than that only advise I have is use the autobahns in the NE - they're the least busy!

Oh and one last thing - when you see speed cameras don't worry! They're for trucks and statistics.

Advertisement