Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offspring

Options
  • 13-01-2004 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

so whos going then? i am, cant wait
    anyone hear the new album, opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

When's it on?

The new albums pritty good. Really short though. Not as good as say smash or ixnay. Still good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

march 14th, the point, 30quid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

And all the girly's say im pretty fly for a white guy... ARGH! make the bold man stop!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I wanna here who's supporting first, but sayin that I'll probably still end up goin regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm going, been waiting for this since Igination was released, wand that was like 12-13 years ago, when i was 6 :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I loved them in the SFX, me and a couple of friends decided to brave the mini rockers and go anyway. Should be a good laugh and it's not too shocking a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It'll probably be one of the Nitro bands that support, which isn't too bad. I've been waiting long enough for this. Should be good...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by Ro: maaan!
    It'll probably be one of the Nitro bands that support, which isn't too bad.

Petty AFI are gone to Dreamworks then :/ All I've from the rest is punkzilla stuff. Ensign are pretty good. Rufio aren't too bad either. A bit sugary tho. Thought Guttermouth were on Epitaph....they're on Punkzilla.Anyway. Yeah saw bouncing souls play with Greenday. noone had a clue who they were at the time but they were brilliant, so maybe there'll be a nice surprise with the Offspring too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i used to be a big fan, some of the stuff is good like ignition and smash but thens there americana and some songs which are very crap, hmmmmmmm 30 euro, i might go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I think Americana and Conspiricy Of One are far better than people think/realise. The whole Pretty Fly and Original Prankster thing overshadowed the albums somewhat. Not to mad about the new album just yet, but some of my favourite Offspring songs are from the previous two...

Wouldn't mind seing Rufio now that you mention it. They'd be easy enough to enjoy without knowing many of thier songs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

conspiricy of one is one of my favourite albums too.....

However there albums have been becoming progressivly shorter. 30 mins is way to short for an album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Damn, maybe I should read charters more often, Angelwhore feel free to move this to gigs/events if its unappropriate for here, sorry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Ro: maaan!
    I think Americana and Conspiricy Of One are far better than people think/realise. The whole Pretty Fly and Original Prankster thing overshadowed the albums somewhat.

i thought it was class how they got redman in the studio to say one line and just shove it in the chorus over and over. big bad rap star to lowlife scum in the space of 3 and a half minutes.

haha

er, yeah... should be a good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Just so long as they play $hitloads of stuff from Smash and Ignition!!!! Self Esteem, Smash, Bad Habit, Dirty Magic, Something from Nothing, Session etc etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah €30 finally seems pretty reasonable, so I may just go. They were pretty good in the SFX when I saw them last.

Bit miffed about MCD claiming it's their first time in Ireland though. Could that be construed as false advertising? I.e. "This is an exclusive, first time ever gig!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

smash - best album.
    would love to hear jennifer lost the war, special delivery, bad habit and l.a.p.d. ive just convinced myself to go :)

30yoyos, surprisingly good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Think i might go along to this.
    what would be great though..if AFI were supporting.
    id go for them alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Offspring=Punk-lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

saw them at the europe music awards in dublin, was pretty impressed but heard their more recent stuff and its not that good really in my opinion. met them in ucd the next day .!

Advertisement