Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6310 to pc

• 13-01-2004 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hay
    Can any one tell me if its possible to interact with my nokia 6310 through the
    serial port of my pc via the phone data cable.
    Can this be done using the hyper-terminal and extened Hayes AT commands?
    Or do i actually have to get some nokia software for this.
    The thing is I want to able to interact with the phone using an assembly language program.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

with the 6310 i just do it over bluetooth selecting the relevant COM port for the HyperTerminal connection...

have a read of this document:
    AT Command Set for Nokia GSM Products

example session:

AT+GMI
    Nokia Mobile Phones

OK
    AT+GMM
    Nokia 6310

OK
    AT+GMR
    V 04.20
    04-03-02
    NPE-4
    (c) NMP.

OK

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

I use the irda port for which you must install the nokia data suite but it is available to download from their web site. Then set up a hyperterm session to the nokia irda modem - when it asks you to connect a call just click cancel and you should be able to type at commands. Post back if it doesn't work for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Sorry just noticed you wanted to write directly using assembly language - In that case I suggest you use a nokia data cable and connect to one of your com ports. That way you shouldn't need any other software. Let me know if you find a cheap source for the data cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

6310 doesn't hjave bluetooth. 6310i does, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Jaden
    6310 doesn't hjave bluetooth. 6310i does, however.

afraid not... both have Bluetooth... that's how I was able to do the example session outlined above as described...

the 6310i added tri-band, java, better screen and keypad lighting, you can check full 6310 features on their site

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement