Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a DFI LAN Party 865PE ?

• 13-01-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Im gonna be upgrading my mainboard as Im not happy at all with the Abit IC-7 that I currently have. After checking my usual souces I can find anywhere local to get an DFI LAN Party 865PE board.

Any one know where I can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The only place ive seen the DFI Lanparty boards is Here - pchealth.ie , they have the 875p chipset model ....... hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

What problems are you having with the abit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    The only place ive seen the DFI Lanparty boards is Here - pchealth.ie , they have the 875p chipset model ....... hope this is of some help.

Cheers mate :)

Think I was getting mixed up in the model name my self lol.

Originally posted by Gerry
    What problems are you having with the abit?

Well its only a small think but it really bugs the hell out of me. The onboard sound chip is fooked on all IC-7 mainboards, the mic socket causes feedback and even with no mic in you get weird sounds when every you move a mouse. Its something to do with feedback over the main bus from the sound chip. There has been major grief over this on the abit forums and nothing can be done about it via bios upgrades or driver patchs.

PS.Even with a Aduigy 2 soundcard in the PC the soundchip still causes the feedback btw.

That sounds like a nightmare TBH......

What speaker's do you have??
    If your running 2.1 speakers and have it set to 4.1 or 5.1 in the control pannell you will get distortion from the other line out (sometimes the mic as the sockets can be mixed up).
    Other than that people suggest a south bridge cooler, you could check if your south bridge is gettin hot.........

Am pretty sure youve tried this already, just thought id mention it anyway.

• Advertisement

COL_LOKI Iv got Creative 6700 speakers but the problem was there long before i got them. As for the cooling, Im runing 10 fans on my rig so the chip is not overheating lol.

Far to many others have the same problem with the IC-7 board for it to be just my PC. I was very shocked when I went to the Abit site for my mic issue when I saw how big the problem was :(

Im runing 10 fans on my rig

My god you really do need your sound to be loud and clear then dont you :D !! Thats not good to hear, i thought the IC-7 was the board to have........ must be very annoying alrite, especially when youve invested in an Audigy2 & 6700's !!

Have heard some good things about the DFI boards, and they look great!! What sort of a system are you running that needs 10 fans (not critising - i use to have the same ammount in an Xaser II case :rolleyes: )...... must be heavily overclocked?

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    My god you really do need your sound to be loud and clear then dont you :D !! Thats not good to hear, i thought the IC-7 was the board to have........ must be very annoying alrite, especially when youve invested in an Audigy2 & 6700's !!

Have heard some good things about the DFI boards, and they look great!! What sort of a system are you running that needs 10 fans (not critising - i use to have the same ammount in an Xaser II case :rolleyes: )...... must be heavily overclocked?

I heard the same things about the IC-7 so was major pissed when I discoved the screwed up onboard sound :( Hense the reasion I got the Audigy 2 and the 6.1 speakers but I got a sweet deal on them really.

Iv 7 very quite fans in a Xaser III 1000a case along with standard P4 fan( noisy as hell) and 2 more in the PSU (very quite). no over clocking done tho. YET :)

I take it the very quiet fans are hooked up to a fan controller of some sort then yea? On full blast they aint that quiet :) .

Some very good airflow through your case then !! Just pop on a Zalman 7000 and overclock the nuts out of it :p

Just as a PS.... you forgot the fan on your Motherboard & you prob have one on your GFX card..... dats 12 fans !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ic7's one main fault is the onboard sound is foobared it's the same on mine

so i just went and bought an audigy2 for 80 euros and saves buying a new board and selling other

• Advertisement

Lol thats right it is 12 fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Venom
    The onboard sound chip is fooked on all IC-7 mainboards

That is shocking - was going for that board (Max3) but decided the AI7 would do me
    Even with a Aduigy 2 soundcard in the PC the soundchip still causes the feedback

Even when disabling the on-board sound in BIOS - how can that be?

BTW also have audigy2+creative6700. Was not that impressed with the on-board sound of the AI7 and it's supposed to be one of the best around

Originally posted by unkel
    That is shocking - was going for that board (Max3) but decided the AI7 would do me

Even when disabling the on-board sound in BIOS - how can that be?

BTW also have audigy2+creative6700. Was not that impressed with the on-board sound of the AI7 and it's supposed to be one of the best around

Im not 100%, but check out the AI7 board on the Abit website to see if the problems with that board, as lots of the Abit boards released around the time of the IC-7 suffered from the same issues of the fuxxored onboard sound chip.

You would think that the disable the soundchip option in the bios would work but it dosent. Random noise will still pass down the main bus from the soundchip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

I've got a DFI LANParty NFII ultra 400 in my machine;
    I love it, it's terrific; if a little expensive.
    I got mine from hollycomputers.co.uk
    It was delivered very quickly.
    I use my machine mainly for storing and ripping DivX's
    so the RAID ports and the S-ATA ports are excellent.
    I would highly recommend them to anyone but they
    are a little on the expensive side!

One issue I would have is that they have only 2 holes
    to attach a large heat sink to; but if you don't plan on overclocking then that won't be an issue!

Hope that helps :)

Im not 100%, but check out the AI7 board on the Abit website to see if the problems with that board, as lots of the Abit boards released around the time of the IC-7 suffered from the same issues of the fuxxored onboard sound chip.

You would think that the disable the soundchip option in the bios would work but it dosent. Random noise will still pass down the main bus from the soundchip.

Ah thanks m8 will check. The onboard sound on my AI7 is very good, not a thing wrong with it. It just doesn't match the quality of the audigy2 in a long shot :)

I was really surprised by the quality of the onboard sound on the IC-7 until I tried to use a mic with it. Then one problem I had lead to a webpage with 1000's of other people with sound chip related problems.

The lack of comunication from Abit = me never buying any of there products again.

That's a shame. This is my first Abit board and easily the best board I've ever had. Obviously when upgrade time comes again, I'll read the reviews etc. but with two boards being equal would deffo go for Abit again

P.S. I won't take out the audigy2 then and use the mic of the onboard sound ;)

Advertisement