Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router for Irish Broadband

• 13-01-2004 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Asked this before and someone kindly pointed me towards D-link DI-514 .. but Elara (and elsewhere) never seem to have it in stock (discontinued)

So how about this one from Komplett - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=119947&p=&t=1735&l=3&AvdID=1&CatID=19&GrpID=16&cks=PRL

It's an "SMC Barricade Wireless G 54 Mbps 802.11g, 4-port switch"

Basically all I'm looking for is a Router (firewall) with following features
    - Can use my Irish BB connection (static IP) .. some routers specifically say DSL/ADSL so I guess I can't use these.
    - Wireless capability (802.11b is fine .. laptop is not 802.11g) .. I'm not interested in transferring Gbs of data round my network and am ulimately limited by the speed of my internet connection.
    - Ethernet Port that I can plug my Desktop straight into the router (dont' want to connect the desktop on wireless)

I'm 99.99% sure this product on Komplett will do the job .. just want to make sure because want to be sure I buy the right thing !

Many thanks for your expertise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by EvilDoctorK
    Asked this before and someone kindly pointed me towards D-link DI-514 .. but Elara (and elsewhere) never seem to have it in stock (discontinued)

So how about this one from Komplett - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=119947&p=&t=1735&l=3&AvdID=1&CatID=19&GrpID=16&cks=PRL

It's an "SMC Barricade Wireless G 54 Mbps 802.11g, 4-port switch"
    Based on the specs, it'll do the job. (Not a bad price either).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

just a quck question to see how the above router worked out for you I am in a carbon copy situation... IBB connecton and trying to setup home wireless

thanks in advance for any info on this

xwerx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

To answer my own question everything worked out fine with this router

Advertisement