Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty: available in Galway???

Options
  • 13-01-2004 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

It's apparently out of stock till the end of the month in Symth's. Anyone else know where I can get it from locally?

Cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Theres a place in the Eyre Square shopping centre that does pc games as well as console etc they might have it. (It is on the top floor near the place that sells the dangerously tasty chocs)

Xtravision might also have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Bit of a bloody joke really.

I just rang:

Symth's - "err, we will have it in soon, but not sure when. Probably sometime in February"

Compustore - "we are not currently stocking that item"

Gamestop - "just keep on ringing back, we don't know when it is in"

Nowhere else stocks it to my knowledge. Xtravision only do console games.

I know I could order it from the web but I want to be able to walk into a shop and take it home with me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

lol, i was about to suggest that you'd have it by the weekend if you order from play.com, but it seems that they're 'Temporarily out of stock':D

Cheers thats good of you to check.

The demo is starting to bore me now!!!

Might have to "tide" myself over with a gamecube.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Xtravision actually do PC games also...
    Or at least the one in the Galway Shopping Centre does.

Try there, as it seems that a lot of people dont realise that they have PC games in stock now.

You could also try the toy shop in that big new shopping centre at the edge of town, they've got a good selection there.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Xtravision actually do PC games also...
    Or at least the one in the Galway Shopping Centre does.

Try there, as it seems that a lot of people dont realise that they have PC games in stock now.

You could also try the toy shop in that big new shopping centre at the edge of town, they've got a good selection there.

I did not know that at all, nice one.

What is this big shopping center you speak of? Is it that huge building by the Huntsman bar roundabout at the start of Lough Atoila (spelling?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I got it for €35 (new) in Xtra-vision in the galway shopping center on the headford Rd. They have the top ten PC games i think.

Great price!

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

I got mine for thirty in the xtra vision sale bargain of the century

Wicked!

I have heard its worth starting your game on the toughest difficulty setting if you are a FPS veteran. I usually start all my games on the next to toughest to get more out of them.

Any opinions on the above? You guys all seem to have it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

Easily start on the highest level but nothin will prepare u for the adrenline filled stalingrad level or the red square one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by charlie_says
    What is this big shopping center you speak of? Is it that huge building by the Huntsman bar roundabout at the start of Lough Atoila (spelling?)

Aye, that's the one.

Advertisement