Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

also what is the difference between 512k barton / thoroughbred etc.. performance wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

All of the Socket A chips should work fine on your board (excluding the Xp3200+ 400mhz FSB). Your board is rated to be fine with 333mhz FSB chips.......

The difference between the 256kb L2 Cache Tbreds and the 512kb Bartons is said to be roughly equal to 100mhz....... ie performance levels of a Tbred @ 2100mhz would be simular to a Barton @2000mhz. Personally id go for the barton hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Just as a BTW, you do know that you could get an NForce2 mother board like the Abit NF7 V2.0 & a Barton Xp2500+ and with a little tweaking you should get it to Xp3200+ .........(possibly get a slightly better cooler..... roughly €180)

Both for the same price of the Xp3000+. Im not sure if this would work on your board as im not sure if it supports 400mhz FSB, and i wouldnt run between 333 and 400mhz because theres no PCI or AGP lock on your board........ ie you have to use dividers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And the Abit NF7-S is on the specials from Komplett this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

got that chip after all, i would get the nforce but in reality im really happy with the board ive got, plus it cost me 200 euros only about 6/7 months ago and still gives me great performance wise.

When i plan to get a new board i plan to get the nforce board though, but will be bigger and better things by then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement