Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow email from Netsource to Eircom

Options
  • 13-01-2004 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

A good long while ago there was a post here asking if you wanted to use your old eircom.net email while you were on netsource and the upshot was that all you had to do was to set your outgoing SMTP server to mail.netsource.ie (leaving your POP3 server as mail2.eircom.net) and you were all set ....
    I did this and the email always goes and people have received it alright, but I sent an email to my sister yesterday (1.5k in size with headers, no pics or attached files) and it took 6 hours to get to her ..... I sent an email to myself and that took 6 hours as well .... :( ...
    Is anyone else who has a similar setup having similar problems recently? is there an alternative method of sending emails?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Moving to Nets/Comms. There's quite a few reports of networking issues today - Eircom have had several mentions - so it's possible it's just a routing issue.

adam

Advertisement