Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones Question.

Options
  • 13-01-2004 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

yet another headphones question!
    im looking to get a decent pair of closed headphones to use on the go, which are as discrete as possible, in other words not a massive pair.I've been looking at the sennheiser px200's. Anyone have any experience of them?They look a bit flimsy?anyone?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

they're grand.. i throw my px100s around the place all the time.. thats where the case comes in handy as well.. fold em up chuck em in your bag and forget about them

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

i've got a pair of the px200's, have had them about a week now and they're grand, good sound out of them and i tried a pair of px100's as well, the sound reduction makes quite a difference. They're not as flimsy as they look either, and the carry case is excellent as well, as kali said fold em up and chuck em in your bag. It would take a fair bit of abuse or rough handling to do any damage to them.

thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

what about the sound from the outside if you know what i mean?
    i know how annoying it is, being on the bus an having to listen to someone else's music?so how well do the headphones keep the sound in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hi Dakeyras,
    How much and where did you get them?:) :):)

the headphones keep in the majority of the sound (and keep it out as well) but if your playing your music on full volume there is still a bit of sound leakage. If you had on some heavy rock at full volume someone sitting next to you would probably be able to hear some sound, but not make out the music. Plus the background noise disappears, walking along you cant hear the noise of cars going past. Im no audiophille but personally i think they give a really good sound (no distortion and they sound very good at both high and low volume).

As for price i picked mine up for €70 over in tower records, couldnt wait and order them over the net (impatient am i) which would have been cheaper. Heres just one website that does them here which works out a t just over €50 without p&p. I just prefer to spend the extra and pick them up straight away. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

best bet for the px200s is Veronica Ltd:
    http://www.veronica.co.uk/sennheiser.htm
    35.95 sterling including delivery and VAT.... 70 euro is over the top for them imo (i mean my 100s cost me 30EUR)

it is indeed ott, but as i say i couldnt be waiting to order them and was willing to part with the extra sheckles for them (and yes i am a bit of an idiot at times).

All noted. Thanks folks :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

yeah,thanks from me too!

Saw the PX 200's here at Peats for 53 E's http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?q=px+200&search=Search not sure if the shop is the same price as the E shop?:) :):)
    PS They have the PX 100's for 50 E's, not a big difference in price!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement