Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best online RPG evea

Options
  • 13-01-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

i realy have to say that Dark Age Of Camelot has to be the best EVEA any one dissagry:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Ultima Online beats it handsdown... i played both

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Any dedicated Roleplaying Persistant world in Neverwinter nights actually beats both hands down.. are they are free:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I have to agree with zekiel NWN beats the pants off anything ive played online sofar, however im hearing good things about starwars galaxies (technially not a fantasy game but its an RPG none the less)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

after playing most mmorpg's i have to say i havent had as much fun as im having with star wars galaxies since ultima online (pre-facet split)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmmm, the discworld MUD isnt bad, never played NWN onlone, just used one of the modules so i cud start at lvl 15 (technically not cheating :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd have to say Eve Online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

Nah, I'm with you on the DaoC thing, I had to drop it for a while there but I'm renewing my account for another six months next week. There's nothing not to like, the PvP action is great, the crafting is the best I've seen in any game (and may only be surpassed by the version proposed for the Warcraft MMO) and the expansions so far have been really well done.
    I must look up the price of a small cottage and some garden gnomes and bushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

Originally posted by Kiith
    I'd have to say Eve Online

I tried it but it didn't grab me, I couldn't find much to do other than mining for ages and it just didn't seem worth it. Is there some kind of newbie monster hunting area I missed or do you just have to gather cash until you can afford a decent ship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I've tried a few and pre-nerfdom UO has it. Although eve is pretty good as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have tried UO and couldn't get into it. But my favorite RPG is Final Fantasy XI. I know its not released in Europe yet but i imported from the US.

If anyone here has it, look out for Spartacus in Bastok on the Leviathan server.

p.s. I also like Neverwinter Nights!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have Final Fantasy XI ordered and cant wait to get going on it. Got it from Ebay which saved me about €15 altogether. I'll see ya on the servers soon. ;) Also getting Star Wars Galaxies and Neverwinter Nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ken,

My copy of Star Wars Galaxies arrived this morning. i'm on the intrepid server as Etek.

I hope this copy of FFXi is sealed as the registration code is locked to the user account. If he made a account with that code, you are fecked. Thats why GAME don't take back MMORPG's.

Haven't tried NWN online yet but it is great offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr. Wanker

I agree, Neverwinter nights is the modt fantastic piece of Role-Playing software ever created!

Advertisement