Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh!! Nightmare with ringtones

• 13-01-2004 9:37pm

Féck sake. Managed to finally download the ringtone i was looking for (final fantasy 7 battle). I tried to open it, it being a midi file which is supposed to supported by the 3510i afaik, only to be told that im "Unable to open the file".

Does anyone know what the deal is here? Nothing seems to want to work for me tonite. GPRS went tits up aswell :(:/.

The only info I can give on the particular ringtone is that it came from www.tagtag.com and had 16 "channels" whatever that means.

Link:http://www.tagtag.com/site/ringtonelist.php3?fPage=7&fCat=10&fSort=titleasc&fSearch=&dummy=

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

used to wrok for o2 customer care.the companies that do the ringtones and **** are always f***ing up and the ones you download barely work cause GPRS is always down.not worth the hassle if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think anyone who downloads ringtones from premium rate sites needs their head examined!

Buy a data cable for your phone - costs about 20 quid - d/l Kazaa or Limewire and search for rintones. I found several thousand in 2 zip files and all are excellent quality. More are appearing every day. Otherwise look for .mid files, these will work also.

Tinky

I too think premium ringtones are a rip-off, hence the free site. Its the fact that the tone wont play is what im pissed off about. There arent any variants of midi files are there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I don't think so but dont take this as gospel. Can your phone support 16 voice polyphonic tones ? Try an 8 voice tone and see does that work !

I've never d/l'd a tone before - how or where do you save it to on the phone ?

Tinky

I just typed in a code on the wap website and then i downloaded it into my tones section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement