Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An interesting phone conversation with Eircom !

• 13-01-2004 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

This is a transcript of a telephone conversation that took place today Jan 13th at about 12:30.

Eircom Sales Person (ESP): Hello may I speak to Mr ****** ?

Me: Thats me !

ESP: Do you have a moment to answer a few questions ?

Me: Sure, fire away !

ESP: Thanks, can I ask , do you use the Internet ?

Me: Yes I do.

ESP: Are you concerned that while you are online your phone is tied up and people may
    not be able to get in touch with you and your family cannot make calls ?

Me: No!

ESP: Did you know you can solve that problem by changing over to a digital line ?

Me: What's that then ?

ESP: We split your current line and give you two digital lines so you will have a line for the
    internet and a separate line for your telephone so you wont have to worry about the line being tied up !
    This will give you a 64K line for the internet and another 64K line for the telephone which can be
    used together to give you a 128K connection to the internet making it faster for you, would you be interested
    in this?

Me: What about Broadband ?

ESP: Would you be interested in Broadband ?

Me: I've had BB since July last year !

ESP: Let me just check . . . no I'm afraid BB is not available in your area just yet !

Me: I've had BB since July last year !!

ESP: Just let me check again . . . . NO BB wont be available in your area for a few more months.
    Will I put you down as interested for when it is rolled out in your area then ?

Me: You're not listening to me are you This is the third time to tell you . . I'VE HAD BB SINCE JULY LAST YEAR !!!!!!!

ESP: I'm just looking here and BB won't be available to you for a while . . wait a sec . . where are you?

Me: I live in (a bb enabled area) !!!

ESP: Oh I'm sorry to have bothered you !

Me: Goodbye !!!

Anyone else had this conversation ?

What worries me is that an associate of mine had a similar call about a month ago trying to sell him ISDN while informing him he could not get BB for a few more months !

Tinky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

LOL!

Eircom must be spending a fortune training these people. This level of stupidity doesn't just occur naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

LMFAO!!!! That was brill :D

OMG, I can't believe they're still tryin' to flog ISDN! :O

It is what it's.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Eircom are great. Continued to charge us for our 'eircom options' even though we told them to shag off cause we had changed to Esat, spent about 5-6 months solidly trying to get them to stop charging us for it and rebate us. The amount of thick horseshíte that comes out of them is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LMAO !!!!!!!!!
    thanks for that, classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by oneweb
    OMG, I can't believe they're still tryin' to flog ISDN! :O

ISDN = Dead Horse

Could we expect anything else from eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hmmm.... wonder can I get a job with em? I meet all the criteria! (i.e: thick as shít! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Just incredible!! ISDN where are they living:eek:; bloody Mars!!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Isdn = It still does notting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Can you say

D-I-G-I-T-A-L

Its digital it must be better than broadband :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It is laughable though isn't it !!!

It sounded like she was reading from a prepared sheet of questions and answers and was expecting me to say YES to the question about the line being tied up ! She continued on from there as if my reply was YES ! Unfortunately the transcript doesn't convey the true tone of the call !

I can't be the only one to have had the pleasure of this persons intellect surely !

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oh thats some funny **** :)
    I've always wanted Eircom to call me like that, so I can pretent to know less aboput DSL then them and waste there time for aslong as I can.

Also once I have them thinking I REALLY ISDN/DSL I do the hold test.
    Say I just need to get some details and I'll be back in a min to order

Longest I've heard one of them have stayed on hold is 7 and a half min's :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

I remember a guy ringing the house one evening to try and flog me one of those wireless handsets, so i sounded interested for about 10 minutes then told him the cheap aldi one we have would do us and that would be all, nothing better than wasting their time, no commission for him :]

Advertisement