Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IR website

Options
  • 18-03-2000 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

I just uploaded the new look Irish rangers website. It should work properly on all systems, but if anybody notices something that looks wrong, drop us an e-mail.
    Clan people, etc - I'm looking to exchange a few links too; no point making a site and nobody to see it smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

and for those of you who are silly and not telepathic -

the URL is http://tir.8m.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

lol, thanx mindphuck, thanx a mill.

as for u illkillya, telling everyone about our website but giving no-one the address ;

your fired biggrin.gif

hehe,
    no really im very very impressed with it, very

good job m8 smile.gif

ps: clan slogan (slight change)

= 'Ask before ye "TAKE IT"

Ask before ye "TAKE IT"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Aaarghhhaaagh, why does it get rid of the f*?!~#in toolbar? Why do people do that??

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

oh, yeah. sorry, i always do that....
    anyway, i kind of had to get rid of the toolbar in case people using 800x600 resolution had a non-maximised browser. i wasn't sure whether or not to do that... maybe there should be a link allowing you to restore the toolbar. Is that possible?
    i don't think it works with netscape, but i'm not sure... anyway, any suggestions and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dunno, is it more annoying for people to see the edge of your website or for them to not have a toolbar? Considering that most of us l33t hardcore gamers have 15"+ monitors it's probably the latter.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Advertisement

well amp, for those of us who are bigger than everyone else (21"'s) we can handle the annoyance.

you know, SIZE MATTERS

biggrin.gif

Ask before ye "TAKE IT"

Ok, thanks for the advice. I got rid of the fullscreen, allowing me to create a netscape version easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Hey whats with this usage of my name ill have to sue if this matter has to be taken any further every time my name is used you owe me eemmmmmmm lets see a score would settle it so thats about £500 thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

And to think I get replies like:
    "Oh but my 14" is so wee - I can bearly see my Start button."

amp - awaiting replies from people to this post like:
    "Waaaaaaa! I use Linux, I don't gots a Start button!!!!"

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Lol
    noice 1 amp smile.gif

Well done lads the sites much better.....

Joe, when yis get organised I'll try and get the lads to give yis a scrap!!!

See if yis cant better your previous score against KCD....

"You will feel his presence upon you, when you are lying a pool of you're own blood, and when you do you will wish that you had never ventured where you had"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Illkillya, bit of bad news!The IR site uses floating frames( <iframe> ).This only works with IE as far as i know.

-=20-40=-
    Unreal Tournament for FREE !!

just fixed it thanks smile.gif
    thats a bit of a ballix, that <iframe> doesn't work with netscape. i got the idea from the old IR site, which had a Freeservers banner on it in an iframe. does this mean that these freeservers banners do not show up on netscape?
    anyway, easy solution due to the shamrock enter page - just a click will direct you to the netscape.html which is just frames, the navigation panel on the left, and the same pages used in the ie version on the right. doesn't look great, but the only solution i can think of without making 2 versions of the site.

yeah defo SHADOW, we'll organise another clan game, if u think u can win that is,
    u played crap last night and barely won, the fact that we had consumed half of Club M's alcahol in stock, though, probably did not help smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Yes u're rite I did....
    Its official I played even Shoiter last nite than usual!.... tongue.gif
    Demon Drink... smile.gif

Advertisement